Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new black shirt. It's 94% cotton and 6% spandex. Got it at Sears. Buttons up the front. Just a normal shirt. I washed it once, cold water of course and I can't get the lint off it. It looked fine when I hung it up but I swear it's attracting the lint out of the air. I even put it back in the dryer, all by itself with a fabric softener sheet to help pull the lint back off and it's still showing lint. Little tiny pieces and the longer I wear it, the more it shows. Any thoughts on this? I hate to have to discard a new shirt but this thing is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Other than using one of those sticky lint rollers, or tape on it to get the lint off. All I can think of is after you do that maybe spray it with Static Guard? It might help keep it from picking up everything in sight.

http://www.mystaticguard.com/promoFinal.cfm

That site also has tips for women to dress for success and a printable 50¢ coupon.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Ugh Pat I have a couple of pieces of clothing made out of that "lint magnet" material........it's tha pits!:( I hope the sticky lint roller works for you (Dee knows well how those things works b/c she has cats:toothy: when I had indoor cats I learned as well!)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
PrairieRose said:
Ugh Pat I have a couple of pieces of clothing made out of that "lint magnet" material........it's tha pits!:( I hope the sticky lint roller works for you (Dee knows well how those things works b/c she has cats:toothy: when I had indoor cats I learned as well!)
:laugh:

Now you all know my secrets! I wear mostly light colors because most of my cats are light and I have a lint roller in just about every room and my car! :D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Sounds like this fabric combination might be something for all of us to try to avoid in the future. Long ago, I discovered that the 65% cotton/35% polyester combination was also a horrible lint magnet (especially pet hair). We now avoid anything with that blend.

Sorry for your struggle! Let us know if/when you find something that works.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have used a synthetic bath sponge (not a "natural" one) either dry or barely damp, to good effect on lint( also works to some degree getting my Dogs black hairs out of pale coloured clothes)

I carry half of an old bath sponge in my handbag for just this purpose!

Hope this helps!

Karen

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
You know Pat, if I were you, I would returm the shirt to Sears, they really do have an excellent no questions asked kind of return policy. In fact, my brother just returned a pair of boots that he had for several months because no matter what, he couldn't get them to break in and they just refunded his money. I have no advice on this and have been through this with other articles of black clothing. It is certainly worth a try and maybe you could get something wearable out of it still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts