Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
what about dryers?

Breaking them of using the dryer is a major undertaking. [/B]

speaking of dryers...winter-i only use the dryer for towels & bedding in the cold months. in cold months everything else is hung up on the drying rack in our upstairs bathroom & the clothesline in the basement.\

spring, summer & fall-(weather permitting in fall) the clothes/household stuff is ALL on the lines outside. if its poor out then everything is hung up on the dry rack or the lines inside. no dryer is used unless its an emergency.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
2 adults, 3-5 kids under 5 (at least one in the middle of potty training at all time it seems)
I actually wash about 7 loads of laundry each week, I do at least one step of laundry per day--ie-I may wash 3 loads on Saturday then put them away on Sunday. I tend to break it up like that.
The kids sheets, blankets and potty training "misses" and all towels and whites are done in hot. My sheets, depends on the fabrics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
1. what is the size of your family?
~Two adults, 1 teen, 1 almost teen and a grade schooler

2. how often do you do laundry
~every single day-it gets way behind if I don't. My laundry and bathroom are one room so I can't let the laundry get out of control or the whole small room is a mess.

3. what do you wash on? examples-cold, hot or warm? or do you do a mixture of these due to different clothing/household items?
~all towels-kitchen and bath plus bedding on hot along with undies and socks.
Dark clothes on warm. Everything is rinsed with cold water.

I dry the towels,etc in the dryer but the dark and nicer clothes I hang on racks in my dining room.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Pepper said:
2 of us.
No set day, just whenever there is enough for a load.
Cold, all the time!
:yeah: Us too! :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
There is six of us...

To keep laundry under control, I have to do a load a day, and more than that on the weekends...

I wash everything in cold, except whites.... All my dish towels are white, and I try to keep all undergarments and socks white as well...

DH does his own laundry two loads a week.... One white, and one darks...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts