Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do with those little bits of leftover spaghetti, fettechine, penne, etc. after a meal? Not enough to save for lunch tomorrow, but you hate to toss it. Being pasta, it will cook to mush in a soup. It's covered in sauce so it might not be complimentary in a bread or baked good. Any other alternative uses?

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
I put it in a small container and it's one of several things DH takes for lunch. It may not be a full meal, but it can be part of one, with other leftovers.

Sometimes I just throw it out if I have too many leftovers already, and it's only a few bites.

·
Registered
675 Posts
We like to add butter, garlic powder, and grated parmesan. Also a little salt and pepper for me. Otherwise I mix in a can of seasoned tomatoes.

Or I give it to the ex for his hens.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Either hubby eats it as part of his lunch or more often than not I chop it up and give it to my 3 chickens....the love, love, love pasta.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Depends on the sauce that it's on it. . . generally I pureed it and add some sort of liquid (milk, broth, tomato juice) and make it into soup, use it as a topping on baked potatoes, etc. Favorites are a tomato based pasta like spaghetti, pureed, add tomato juice to make a tomato soup and serve with croutons or grilled cheese. . . . mac n cheese pureed with milk and makes a filling "cheese" sauce for potatoes. And so on.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
This is prob why dad doesn't like to 'sauce' the pasta until its being plated. We store leftovers in two sep containers: one pasta, one sauce.

I'd save it in a container and def use as a snack the following day or as a side. Is there a tiny amount like 2 bites for a really small serving? Can you chop up leftover protein (chicken?) and veggies and turn it into a cold pasta salad? Saute it to heat it up with the chicken & veg? OR Can you save the leftovers in fridge and just sneak it into your next pasta dish a few days from now? Last idea, scramble an egg or two with milk and parm and turn it into a single serving pasta bake? (add in chicken & veg optional)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts