Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was excited to try this after reading this thread http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/home-environment/135944-i-have-say-wow.html but it's just been a disaster for me.

I ran the 'cleaning' cycle first as suggested on the package, no problem. Put in a load of dishes... and they all came out gritty. DH noticed and ran a second cycle with the product. Dishes came out even worse, with thick white buildup and more grit. UGH!

Faced with hand washing every single item in the dishwasher I am trying a third run... reversing the soap cups. I put the Lemishine in the first cup that opens and regular dishwasher soap in the 2nd instead of the other way around like they say to do. Hopefully that works.

Handwashing gives me a rash, and I hate it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
hope you figure out the soulution! I was excited about the product too. I have not bought any yet though.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I read that thread and sorry you had a bad experience. I was thinking I wish I still had a dishwasher to try it. :) But yeah, that would be frustrating.

I'm still crying that my dishwasher died a few months ago. :cry:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Not sure why your experience was like this. But am sorry that you went through this. Maybe call the manufacturer to troubleshoot. The product gets rave reviews.
Lemi Shine | Facebook

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
So sorry this happened to you. I was ready to throw out my dishwasher until I got this product. I only use a little and works perfect. Hope you find a solution soon.

·
2,688 Posts
Do you have a lot of old buildup / residue in your machine ?
Maybe it is just all letting loose and needs to get worked out
of the machine first.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Whew.....and I was going to try it on a toilet....glad I didn't.

Got to thinking........I use Jet Dry (solid- and ONLY the solid) in my dishwasher and never have any sort of build up with horribly hard water..........that must be what is saving me. No buildup and no problem with dishes having a scum or anything on them.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, wash #3 seems to have come out clean, with the exception of the plastic. All my plastic cooking utensils and a few pieces of plastic dinnerware DH uses for lunch still had scum on them and I washed them by hand.

Maybe it is just our model?

We do not use jet dry or another rinse agent per the manufacturer. The model originally had a thingy for it, but there was a recall -- if you'd used the jet dry plug you got a new dishwasher. Since we hadn't yet at that time we were told to never use it.

I haven't tried it in the sink or the toilet yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work there.

Don't let my bad experience keep you from trying it, I seem to be in the minority of users.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
My brother works at an appliance repair place and says that because they took all the phosphates out of detergents a couple yrs ago people who didn't use a rinse aid before will need to now or they will get the white build up. He's actually had people bring in their dishwashers thinking they were broken and all they needed were a few cycles w/ a rinse aid.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I tried it on the toilet - nothing.....

Reactions: frugalfranny

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You may be right, we may have knocked a lot of scale loose. The amount of grit after wash #2 was unbelievable. The machine is over 10 years old and we have extremely hard water here.

As they say about the Missouri river (where our tap water comes from) "It's too thick to drink and too thin to plow."

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I used it this morning and it worked great! I hope it fixes itself and starts working for you!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.