Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This delightful soap smells like fresh lemons, and when the powdered loofah is mixed in, it will make the soap a extra exfoliating. Loofah, a plant that grows much like the cucumber, can be dried, shredded, and added to soap. Note:To make the powder, loofah can be cut up into tiny pieces using a pair of sharp scissors, or you can purchase it in powder form. 1 4oz. bar glycerin soap
1 teaspoon powdered loofah
15 drops lemon oil
1 drop red food coloring In a small saucepan over low heat, melt your bar of glycerin soap until liquefied. Remove from heat and stir in powdered loofah, lemon oil, and food coloring. Pour soap into a mold and let set for three hours, or until hardened.

http://www.******************.net/bath2.html

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Angie,

Thanks so much for posting the soap recipes and the website link! :) I went to the site earlier today and found the little "recipe" for liquid hand soap. I tried it this evening, and it turned out great! YAY! I used one of a pack of 3 soaps that I got at the dollar store on clearance a while back - only 25 cents for the 3 pack. They are yummy apple scented. I also added a squirt of a goat's milk lotion I had on hand - in Piedmont Apple scent - before microwaving it. I also reduced the water to 2 1/2 cups since the soap was smaller than a regular bar. The resulting liquid soap has the coolest green color and smells awesome!!! Thanks again!

Have a great day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts