Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
get packed and move. The bank's attorney's sent us 20 certified letters, all dated and saying the same thing. Scary thing is we've still not found a place to go. DH has been trying to get information on HUD housing for over a week now and the lady in charge has been out of the office. I'm sorry but you would think they have someone to cover for her. I personally am thinking its him... I'll be calling them in the morning from school. We have an appointment with Community Counseling on Tuesday. He called them and found out they offer assistance for people in our situation.

Some good news.... DH was released for part time work with limitations. Can't lift anything repetatively over 20lbs, can't be in the heat, no physical exertion and no overhead work. We also both had interviews on Wednesday with a couple who have a small bar & grill business. They are wanting someone that can help with smoking meat (which DH can do well) and someone to help run the kitchen. They sat us down and let us try what their offering so far and asked us to come up with some more ideas that will help them make the kitchen a success. We have to call them back this week.

They still haven't ran the stories yet on the news but she's getting them set up and is suppose to let me view them before they air. She's wanting to do a third interview once we've decided what we're going to do. I hope she calls me soon on them. October is almost 1/2 over now.

DH is having to send in more doctor info to the short term disability company as he's being switched to long term now and won't get paid but once a month. Now that he's been released to part-time, we're hoping he may be able to collect on his unemployment since he can look for work. We have alot of questions on how this will work. He tried calling unemployment and got fustrated because there was a 45 minute expected hold time. He's still not heard anything on his Social Security disability.

That's about all I know at this point. I hope we find a place soon. I'm suffering from insomnia horribly. Today DS has a guy coming to look at the animals. He's interested in everything we have. I hope he takes it all.

Thank you for listening to me ramble. Take care,

Debbie

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Saying prayers for y'all, Debbie. I'm sorry it's come to this and I know the stress isn't doing you or your DH any good. I hope y'all find a place soon and I hope the stories air soon. I keep thinking that if someone in the general public hears of your plight, they might be able to offer some help-- perhaps in the form of low cost rent. Please keep us updated.

--Michelle

Reactions: cmdarlin

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
:hugz: Hugs and prayers being sent your way!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
You are definitely in my heart and prayers. I wish there was some real advise I could offer. I'm sure it is no comfort to you that the richest financiers in the world are getting $1 trillion of our hard earned money to bail them out while our government lets tax payers like you suffer so terribly. No one becomes disabled on purpose!

Hang in there. I wish you the best

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I've been wonderng how it was going with you. We'll just keep on praying.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hang in there! Have you been to social services to see what kind of help they can offer you? I am sorry things are so tough right now - but at least you will have time to pack and it might be a good opportunity to de-clutter as well. Take care and sending hugs your way!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I hope you will find somewhere to stay very soon and that things began to go better soon! You will be in our thoughts and prayers! :hugz:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. I hope things work out for the best for you!

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Sending you hugs!! :hugz: I hope you both get the bar & grill jobs! That would be great! :) Let us know what you find out on the assistance.

I wish I could see your news... Maybe someone there will put it on youtube?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am so sorry to read about your current mortgage situation -- was hoping that it would turn out differently.

Know that we are keeping you in our prayers :hugz: :hugz:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts