Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove a round trip of 30 miles today to get to a Big Lots only to discover almost everything was cheaper at the commissary when I shop w/coupons. What a waste of time and gas. :censor:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think we've all encountered such disappointments. You have my heart-felt sympathy.

I'm getting older. If I can walk or ride my bike to a store that charges just a little more than the one I must drive to -- I figure I'm saving money on gas, saving my time and sanity (I don't like sitting in traffic), and maybe helping the environment. So it's frugal in my mind to take distance traveled into account. But I must admit I am still sometimes suckered in by advertisements -- and too often they are switch and bait or limited availabilty, etc.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
sorry that happened :(

·
Registered
352 Posts
ugh, I've had that happen too and it's always a little discouraging for us as well. With gas so high I try to think ahead and make a list, I'll get there sometime lol

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
A commisary is a armed forces shopping center on a base. HTH.

Sorry you wasted time and gas, but at least now you know and won't be thinking you are missing out on something

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
uggh.... I HATE that!

Well... I hope your taking your lesson and telling all the others at the base.

Darn it!

·
Registered
956 Posts
sorry, I so hate when that happens. you not only waste time, but gas and energy too. Such a disappointment!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Our Big Lots stinks! They used to be the cheapest around, but now they are one of the most expensive stores in town! I was dissapointed for the longest time, now I've just stopped shopping there all together!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am sorry that you wasted a trip to Big Lots. Our Big Lots is a hit and miss place. One time I am there, I will find lots of great prices on cereals, boxed foods and chips and the next time, they will either have nothing or they will be overpriced. I just check in occassionally to see what they have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts