Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
this year I was thinking about taking the kids to the mall and getting a picture of me and the kids done for Fathers Day. And them having the kids make (well painting) a frame for it to go in.

Eileen

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eileen that's a great idea :) I did that a couple of years ago when Lauren was really little. I didn't like the way I looked in the picture though :laugh:

Chelle

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I am loving that soap on a rope. It's so cute. :)

I have a neat craft project that I have been meaning to try for Gabe. I never have enough time for it all and have only managed the nail polish.

Supplies:
Sharp object (scissors will do)
Duct Tape
Razor
Nail Polish
Shaving Cream

Directions:
While husband falls asleep shave half his facial hair off. If spouse lacks moustach etc, feel free to shave eyebrows.
Take duct tape and cut into long strips and firmly press onto buttocks. Be sure to adhere to hair. Warm tape is preferred for better stickiness. If time permits, paint toenails and fingernails.
Can tape note to his forehead that reads "trash day is wednesdays".

Sara

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Sara LMAO!!!!

I had the kids make dh a picture frame last year for father's day,we painted it premary colors(plus white)and glued on block letters that say I love you.I put the kids names on and they put their handprints(ds did foot print cuse he was only 1.5 mo)on there with their ages.Dh loves it and its on his desk at work

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any more ideas, guys? Kathryn made Dave a frame at school, so that idea is out, and I haven't found anything that I'd like for them to make him...

Chelle :ribbon:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
DD will give her Daddy a poem and maybe her handprint !! :)

DD will give her Daddy a poem and maybe her handprint !! :)

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:bump: It's that time of year again....

What are you making? I still like the soap on a rope idea.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I like the soap idea too, although Saras idea is a close second :toothy:

I have no idea yet what I am going to do for dh for fathers day yet. I want to make him something, but don't know what yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
All great ideas............not sure yet what we are going to do but,these are great ideas:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
We're making the gumball machine out of clay pots. For the gold plate, we're using heavy foil to rub in DAD. Jason's contribution will be to have his hands loaded up with paint and grab the glass bowl to make it look like someone has been at the candy. We're going to fill it with dh's favorite - peanut M&Ms!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Still working on this years idea, but am sure it will be something dd makes and paints. She loves to paint.

Last year was wonderful. She got a plain wooden picture frame (5 x &) and sponge painted it with lots of colors, using little squares of makeup sponges. Once it was dry, she glued lots of little tiny nails, nuts, washers, little screws, any little tiny hardware item that would stay onto the frame. Then she put in a picture of herself. SO has it on his shelf in his office. It was a big hit and I think the whole thing must have cost about $2, since we had all the stuff except the frame.

pat

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
ok super dumb question, what day is father's day?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
smnoel said:
I am loving that soap on a rope. It's so cute. :)

I have a neat craft project that I have been meaning to try for Gabe. I never have enough time for it all and have only managed the nail polish.

Supplies:
Sharp object (scissors will do)
Duct Tape
Razor
Nail Polish
Shaving Cream

Directions:
While husband falls asleep shave half his facial hair off. If spouse lacks moustach etc, feel free to shave eyebrows.
Take duct tape and cut into long strips and firmly press onto buttocks. Be sure to adhere to hair. Warm tape is preferred for better stickiness. If time permits, paint toenails and fingernails.
Can tape note to his forehead that reads "trash day is wednesdays".

Sara

Father's day is Sunday, June 15th..........

Gabe, as Father's Day approaches again this year, I hope you are sleeping with one eye open !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts