Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about sharing your experiences about homeschooling conventions, your likes and dislikes. Do you go to them and how many each year? Which speakers have you enjoyed or want to still hear?

Do you purchase all your school supplies at these conventions or wait until you get home?

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I just went to my first one a couple of weeks ago. I truly was not prepared for how huge it would be. At one of the seminars the speaker mentioned that FL's is the largest in the nation! The vendor hall was absolutely massive!

I enjoyed all the seminars I attended, but I would have to say my favorite speakers were Vicky Goodchild (author of The Simplicity of Homeschooling - 404 - Document Not Found - she had some really fascinating things to say about nutrition, in particular white sugar, white bread, white flour, and salt).

I purchased quite a bit of supplies at the convention, but I knew my prices and it was all cheaper there than I could have gotten online or locally.

I look forward to next year's convention! :)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Before we moved here I went to one every June. I loved it!! I went to the starting out seminars the first year, the organizing ones the second year and the third year individual subjects. If I went to another one I would try and find ones relating to homeschooling in highschool.

It's fun going around to the vendors and seeing the different products but I must say the very first one I went to was VERY overwhelming!! They all seemed so good but I quickly learned that only I knew my child and his/her learning styles etc. and that buying everything wasn't going to help my children, I had to learn to write a list and follow that list!!;)

I could usually get my Christian Light Curriculum ordered with no shipping so that was a savings and also had fun going through the sales bins for unit studies etc.!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts