Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, May 12, 2007 is the 15th Annual National Association of Letter Carriers Food Drive. Our goal is to "Stamp Out Hunger" one can at a time.

Last year we collected 70.5 million pounds of food nationwide. All food collected goes to food banks in the area it is collected, making it truly neighbors helping neighbors. For those of you who can spare a can, please leave it in or near your mailbox.

Thanks for reading this!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow I have a box of food here of stuff we dont eat (canned stuff) that I can donate, thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Getting my bag ready now! :angel2:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I always end up having to take mine down to the post office, since i usually end up with 3 bags or more.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I just put a big bag out by my mailbox :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I put a bag out this morning by the mail boxes and I was just in time, because 15 minutes later my postman came and carried it away. It was a good feeling to share what I have :). I hope they collect a lot again this year!

·
Registered
330 Posts
This was in our local paper this morning and I bagged my stuff up right away. We had a bunch of canned veggies, tuna and pasta that I knew we were not going to eat. I would much rather it go to someone who can use it than waste it. My mailbox was stuffed.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Well, I had my bag out by the mailbox at 9:00am. The mail carrier brought my mail around 1:00pm, and left the bag. I thought he would come back for it. That was three hours ago. It is still there. It is now 4:00pm. I even set it on a small table RIGHT UNDER THE MAILBOX! There is no way he could have missed seeing it. They (our mail carrier) left us a bag to fill several days ago, and I used the bag that was labeled "Mail Carrier's Food Drive". I don't understand why they did not take it? I included no glass, just boxes and cans of food. Nothing out of date, all good stuff. As far as I could tell, no one else on our block put out anything.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Just wanted to add, they picked up my bag at 4:21pm.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am glad they picked it up, I was nervous mine wouldn't get picked up either. I was the only person in the apt. building out of 12 apartments that contributed. I was afraid the bag would just get left there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thank you for posting about the food drive. I had forgotten about it. I put out a bag just in time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I put out 2 bags. One of food and one of HBA and another neighbor also put out a bag. We are an apartment building of 4. I was worried that the neighbors across the hall would steal the food. They seem to help themselves to everything else.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I do this every year & it has come to my attention that I'm the only one on my street that donates :(

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
They didn't pick mine up until today. Glad they finally got it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts