Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so scared to even post I have 4 childrens or should I say young adults.My second daughter had came home from school and I am so amazed by her she is so together so much more than I was at her age.But we had THE conversation ...... I know she willl be just fine but it is soooooo hard I told her go and find your dreams SHE AMAZING i look at her sometimes and I see the little girl but no more I talk to her and she is the woman I knew she would be.I am just looking back and thing I am so proud of her.And the conversation was be happy with you you dont have to make everyone happy make yourself happy first.And everything will follow.It is just hard letting them go

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can sooooo relate. I love my children even more now that I can relate to them as adults -- and I thought the best years were the toddler year! Now, sort of like the toddler years, they are discovering life all over again and what it means to be grown up and to have responsibilties. And I'm tickled that in some ways they are way smarter than I ever was. . .

Motherhood is the hardest thing I've ever done and also the most rewarding/fun/amazing. . . Enjoy. Obviously you've done a wonderful job as mother to have such a remarkable young adult in your family.:)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Know what you mean. My 16 yr. old went to Brazil over spring break on a mission trip and we had no phone contact for 10 days. Its so hard to let them go. But if we did our job right they should be ready to spread those wings. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Letting go....... What is that saying... Parents give their children two things, one is roots, the other is wings. My DDs are 17 and 19, so I am at this stage, this letting go stage. More so with DD19. It is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Well, I haven't DONE it yet, it's a work in progress LOL!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am slowly working into that process also.. Sometimes, I do so well and I am so adult about it.. but then I slip.. but in the end it will all be okay.. Hang in there, all we can do is pray that we gave them all the stuff they need, but there is alot they still have to learn....oh....my.....my...my....

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I can relate however, my oldest DS keeps coming back, lol every summer too! He goes to college at Temple but comes home in the summer but I am so proud of him that's for sure.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so there with you right now! I have spent the last 2 days helping my little girl pack up so she can move out! :( She is thrilled and happy and so excited but I'm heartbroken right now! She will be 21 in a few weeks........wants to "experience life" and needs me to understand that she loves me and will be ok! I always knew this day would come I just didn't think it would happen this fast!
My poor 14 yr. old ds.....I need to be careful that I don't smother him since he is my only child at home now!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My oldest dd just moved out this year. It is hard to let go, but also so amazing to see the adult that they have become

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
My youngest ds moved out 5 years ago.........but my #2 ds moved baxk home 4 years ago with his 2 sons........... I don't think I will ever get to be alone....... Be glad that she has a level head............
Fern

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Your post brought tears to my eyes and I know it took everything you had to say those words to her! But it takes a good mom to do so. Everything will be good and your relationship will just grow in a different direction now. You'll see!

Hugs!

Theresa :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I know I am going to have huge issues letting my kids go. :(

It sounds like you are doing a good job though :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I know just how you feel. I don't think we ever totally let go of them. Hang in there it gets better.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have to say my son is 34 married to his 3rd wife doing well
and has a good job.
He married at 17 the first time and they lived with us.
was living with me when he got married the second time.
that time he bought a house.
He had caused so much caos in our lives. I was glad to see him go.
I hope you all don`t think I didn`t care. because I did. sometimes kid`s caus so many problem`s it`s time for them to go.
he was 20 when he got married his second time.
I have been raising his son for 10yrs. now.
michael is pawpaw and nan`s boy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi and thank you for such great thoughts and inspiring words.I am sorry it has taken me this long to get back with everyone.After I posted this I went to bed that night and the next day my computer died.Tooks sometime to get back online.The Frugal village site change had me wondering around trying to find the post did after sometime.So I just thank all of you,you guys are the best.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I'm never going to flame you for missing your kids, or finding it hard to let go. I am missing mine SOOOO badly today! Most days are better than today.

One of mine lives 1900+ miles away, and one is about 600 mi. away. Thank heavens for email and IM-ing.

My younger one has been going to school in the summer too (they both did) and he will get to come home for a bit in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Cab54,I know what you mean when you say some days are better than most.I have them and I think wonder what she is doing.And I pray for God to keep her safe.I am so glad your's will be coming home in a couple weeks enjoy ever moment.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Aw, honey...no flames here from me. I know what you're going through. I have 4 adult children. Although they still live with us I am so amazed at the fine men & women that they have become. Yes, there is some sadness there - but it is a good type of sadness ( hope I'm making sense here)...but it is also a very exciting time. We have our children for only awhile - we are their first teachers, and by God's grace....they're going to be okay - and so are you:) Hugs.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My oldest is 23. It is still hard to know she is on her own with the two grandbabies. The letting go is nearly impossible for me as the kids are the majority of my world. DH is much better at it and keeps reminding me this is the way things are supposed to work. So much for my dream of a ton of land with a little house for each of the kids.....:loop:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts