Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a 6 mile jog! :) It was great because the sun was setting, it was the perfect temperature, the air smelled like hay...it was heaven!

So that took about 70 min, and then I did my stretches.

After we get back from my cousins, I might lift some weights.

I didn't really eat much today since I was so busy. (we had a bar b q, i had errands to run AND the inlaws came over to pick up ayla so i was packing for her as well...)

~Breakfast: a few bites of cheese
~Lunch: Pretzyls and dip, a few bites of celery, carrots
~Dinner: Half a chicken breast on bread w/ ketchup mustard, onion and bell pepper, a bite of a hotdog, carrots/celery/bell pepper and dip, a FEW chips, like two just for taste :) I was glad I didn't have a ton.
~Snack after my jog: water, chocolate milk, more raw veggies and dip, 1/2 an apple cinnamon toastable.

I did pretty good with water today :)

How did you do today?

Oh, yesterday I don't think I did any exercise, well, except for a tickle fight/wrestling match with carl :D Laughing a lot counts too right?
:D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh! And I plan on having reduced fat bryers vanilla ice cream today too! :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Your day sounds great! I'd love an active day of exercising and have my inlaws take the kids. Unfortunately, those two things will never happen in the same day here. lol Actually, not sure even on their own if even one of those things would ever happen. I don't think I have ever ran or jogged 6 miles. :eek: I think I could if I worked up to it and had a bit more determination to just take the time for myself more often.
I have to tell you that I love reading what you eat in your different posts. You eat a really neat variety of things that I never would even think to eat. I don't use condiments very often at all. It's taken 5 years with Gabe to finally get me back to eating ketchup.
I think it's awesome how committed you are to health and fitness!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awww sara that was such a sweet post, and I really think you can do 6 miles eventually. If you haven't gotten the 'runners high' from jogging yet, that's another thing to look forward to once you start. :D I need to be careful though and not over-do it and injure myself, cuz I'd really miss being able to jog.

I kind of feel like exercise helps more than keep me in shape physically, I think it really helps me stay mentally in shape too. It gives me an outlet to vent my frustration. Like jogging tonight I was pretending like I was duking it all out with my problems. The longer I jogged the more I felt like I 'won' and my problems 'lost'...

I'm not sure how much Gabe could help out, but maybe have him watch the kids for 20 min. so you can just jog on your own. (I work up to it by doing short intervals of jogging/walking and then slowly but surely my jogging intervals get a lot longer than my walking ones) I can't wait to read the post where you rave about the jog you took :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I haven't done my exercise yet (will be 2 or 3 mile WATP), but I weighed in and lost 4 lbs on my first week on Atkins.

I haven't been too consistent in dieting, but I have been exercising since 4/24, and I've lost 12 lbs since then. I would like to lose 25 more :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Heather, you inspire me. I wish I could jog that long. I do like you said....walk, jog, walk, jog. I want to be able to just jog one day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts