Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did my 20 minute excersise and biked 5 miles on my excersise bike. If dh doesn't work overtime tonight, I will walk my 1.3 miles. Its really beginning to feel good now when I bike.

My goal for next week is to get to 6 miles or more on the bike and to increase my walking to 1.5 miles.

How is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Way to go!!! That's amazing! I haven't done much but run around cleaning up and playing with ayla..

Oh wait! I did step up and down on my fanny firmer to target my glutes for a couple minutes! And then I sat down on it and did that part with the legs, twisting my trunk to target the abs.

I am just waiting now for Ayla to take a nap, then I plan on doing my cardio sculpt tape...only instead of doing the lunges when they do it, I'm just going to do upper body stuff instead :)

So far I know I need to get more veggies into my day..but I'll just post my meals at the end of the day.

I just hope I don't fall asleep too when she takes a nap!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heather, I'm with you. I need to get more veggies eaten, not that I don't like them, I love veggies. Its just been so costly to purchase them right now, but seeing has I've cut out Pepsi and junk food, I plan on using those $$ for more fresh veggies!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Sure was cold and rainy, but I went for my walk and cut a minute off yesterdays time (I just started yesterday) and did a "warm up lap" then my mile.

Eating, well I am struggling at this very moment. I have done well today and yesterday, but I am struggling right now!!

I drank my water plus extra!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi everyone! Wow! My thighs and butt are really feeling it from the BodySculpt Lower Body workout. I'm really trying to do some of the muscle toning stuff, but it's so scary when you're trying to lose weight, cause a lot of times, you do gain or slow down on your losses, which is what I've done, only 1/2 pound a week for the past 2 weeks.

But I keep reminding myself, that even though muscle weighs more than fat, it takes up less space, and I can measure myself by things other than the scale. Anyway, today I did the WATP 3 mile tape and the BodySculpt Upper Body Workout.

Breakfast: 7 points
Coffee
Honey nut shredded wheat
Banana, 1/2
Milk, 1 cup

Lunch: 6 points
PB & Banana w/ honey sandwich

Dinner: 9 points
Pinto beans, 1/2 cup
Potatoes
Mustard greens
small wedge cornbread

Total points for the day is 22
My range is 22-27
Drank tons of water!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carolyn, I used my excersise bike about 5 years ago and lost lots of weight and my family doctor said its one of the best machines to use with those with fibromyalgia, arthritis or those types of illness. Another excellant one is swimming (which I don't do).

I'm sure there are many others, but you will need to be careful especially with the Lupus.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Carolyn, I agree with c.j.; and here is a snippet from about.com's site:

"Walking, water exercises or swimming, and bicycling are the best choices of endurance exercises for people with arthritis. These are good choices because they put less stress on the joints. For example, the warm water of water exercising helps to relax muscles and decrease pain. The water should be between 83 and 90 degrees."

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Here is my menu from Friday

Breakfast: 4 slices turkey bacon
1 sm. fried potato/ketchup
1 or 2 orange slices

Snack:
celery

Lunch:
haystack
Fudgsicle

Early Dinner:
haystack
Fudgsicle
1 or 2 little pizza's
fuji apple
1 toastable

Late Dinner:
Spinach
2 Fudgiscles
Wheaties with milk and craisins
Chili and lettuce

Snack
Rice/P.B
Almonds

AND I did get a decent workout in finally! :)
I walked/jogged for 20 minutes, then for at least another 35-40 minutes I did weight lifting/lower body toning work. Basically they were the Firm type of workouts, but I just did my own combanation of stuff I like, without using the tapes.

I'm not sure how I did with my water but I'm think I got at least 5 or 6 glasses down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts