Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll be only doing my bike for the next few days. I tried walking last night and only got 1.3 miles in and could barely make it home.

Arelene - when biking I'm not putting any pressure on my knee so it doesn't hurt like it does the walking.

So my plan is to do 9 miles after lunch and 5 miles (all on the bike) while watching Oprah.

How is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
:yippee: :yippee: I am celebrating today!! its been one month of healthy living-Walking and exercising and watching what I eat and of course drinking that yummy water!! I feel great and not "deprived"!! LOL There were times that I did not do very good on eating-but I still exercised and that is what I think has helped the most-I have "got up and got moving"

I think everyone is right, they say it take 21 days to develop a habit, and now exercising is a habit and I find myself trying to figure out when I am gonna fit it into my day, and not thinking "am I gonna (walk/exercise) today?"

On to the next healthy living matter, that greatly impacts my life...smoking!! I am working on giving that up as my next goal. To be honest, I am scared I am gonna mess up my healthy eating, but I think that smoking is taking more years off my life than gaining weight back.

But, be forewarned - I am gonna come here and whine ALOT :laugh:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Thanks CJ!! I hope I can make it this time!!

You are doing really well with biking. I am glad you are able to do that with your knee, which I hoope is on it's way to healing soon!!

I got my second walk in tonight, but really had to push myself to do it. I waited until after dinner, and I was just too tired. Won't make that mistake again!! ;)

I also did 20 mins on the glider, that wasn't too bad-I stuck a vcr tape in and watched while I "walked" The tape made the time go faster.

I got 2 qts of water in, but just ate a whole package of graham crackers!! grrrrr What was that all about?? :bang:

I also overate at dinner-4 small slices of hm pizza :confused: :bang:

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi!

Yesterday I was out cold with stomach problems, but I'm slowly working myself back to my routine. My eating today was pretty good, but I didn't get enough water in. I picked up Walk Away the Pounds at the library, so will try that tomorrow.:smball:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Good luck with quitting smoking halo :)
And great days all you girls!! :)

I did good and didn't overeat today, but I also didn't drink enough water or eat much of my daily 5.

I will grab a glass of water after I post this though! I'm sooo thirsty now!

Exercise so far: 10 pushups and LOTS of spinning/danhing while holding my 23 pound daughter. I also did just 6 reps of bicep curls with an 8 pound weight. I brought out my tennis shoes so later I can burn some butter, doing cardio.

breakfast: basic 4 cereal with milk
snack: o.j.
lunch: frosted shredded mini wheat with milk
snack: rye crackers with peanut butter and applesauce
dinner: Spanish rice, candy(about 6 miniture sized servings), light icecream (about 2 servings?)

I went through all my nighttime tv without snacking! I'm so happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts