Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone done anything on creating life goals for themselves? Not just a Bucket List or Twenty Wishes list or that sort of thing. But an all encompassing list/chart/mindmap/etc. of all the different things they want to accomplish in the different areas of their life?

I did this a few years ago and am still working off it. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else working with the mid and long term as well as short term goals.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Well, one of my life goals has always been to achieve financial independence, and in the last year, we've finally laid a good foundation to achieve that.

All encompassing, however? I dunno - I kinda see financial independence as being all encompassing...

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...maybe it is...but I view it as just one area to work on. I'm thinking areas like marriage, family, work/area of passion (not necessarily the same thing, though it would be nice if they were eventually!), spiritual, health, travel, recreation, home (ie. your dream of owning land and house free and clear Greebo), etc.

I guess I can see where finances overlaps a whole whack of these, but not necessarily. I mean you can meet your goals frugally as well as in spendy ways.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I am working on a more comprehensive list. I have a few goals in my head but the only thing I have mapped out is my finances. Which is very important however I don't think IRS all encompassing. It does have something to do with everything but not everything to do with it.

I plan on putting this list in a place I am everyday. So it is always reminding me to work at it

·
Registered
948 Posts
haha I didn't mean IRS I meant it's LOL sorry

Reactions: peanut

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I kind of do but it isn't written down anywhere, I actually have two lists...in case things change with DH's health. I feel it is important to have a long term plan. :)

Reactions: LastDragonfly
1 - 6 of 6 Posts