Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this poem on another board. It was written by Doris Longacre....

--Life is too short to ice cakes. Cakes are good without icing.
--Life is too short to real all the church periodicals.
--LIie is too short not to write regularly to your parents.
--Life is to short to eat factory baked bread.
--Life is too short to keep all your floors shiny.
--Life is too short to let a day pass without hugging your spouse and each of your childrren.
--Life is too short to nurse grudges and hurt feelings.
--It's too shourt to worry about getting ready for Christmas. Just let Christmas come.
--Life is too shourt to spend much money on neckties and earrings.
--Its to shourt for nosey questions like, "How do you like your new pastor?" or if there's been a death, "How is he taking it?"
--It's too short to be gone from home more than a few nights a week.
--It's too short not to take a nap when you need one.
--It's too short to give importance to whether purses match shoes or towels match bathrooms.
--It's too short to stay indoors when the trees when the trees turn color in fall, when it snows or when the spring blossoms come out.
--Life is to short to miss the call to worship on Sunday morning.
--It's too short for bedspreds that are too fancy to sleep under.
--Life is too short to work in a room without windows.
--Life is to short to put off Bible study.
--It's too short to put off improving our relatinships with the people that we live with.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Those are all so true. Thanks for posting them.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Thanks so much Lucie. If I remember right, Doris lost her life at quite a young age. So this really is pretty powerful and each statement is so true.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Thanks Lucie !!!!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are all very welcome.:) You are right, CJ. In my *Living More with Less* book, it says that she died nov. 10, 1979, after a 39 month battle to cancer. She was 39 yrs. old. Her book had to be completed by others.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just love that book! It's a 'keeper' isn't it? I've had a copy for years. It's had such a big impact on my life, and every time I read it, it inspires me more. The Living More with Less Cookbook is wonderful too.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Dawn, that book is really special. It is very inspiring, also for me. It was the first book I read about living a simpler life and that was 12 years ago. I also have her cookbook too.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts