1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lime Chicken Tacos

Recipe Description
A zingy taco and quesadilla filling​
Preparation Steps:
You can cube your chicken raw or cook whole and cube after cooking, whatever you prefer.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
25-30 minutes​
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/8 cup red wine or white vinegar
1 lime juiced
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp dried cilantro​
Serves:
Directions:
Saute chicken over medium heat for about 7-12 minutes until cooked through(no oil necessary!). Remove from pan and cube/shred if not cubed already. Return to pan and add other ingredients. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Serve with tortillas, shredded lettuce, monterey jack cheese, taco sauce or salsa. This makes about 8 large tacos. I double the recipe so we have leftovers for quesadillas and chicken cheesesteaks!​

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo - that sounds soooo good!! MIght even make those for tomorro night 5/5!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think I saw where you posted this somewhere...the Menu Planning Thread?? Anyway, this sounds SO good! I LOVE anything with Chicken and lime! Thanks for sharing!

·
27,948 Posts
Zingy is good! Looks like a quick and refreshing dinner for warmer weather especially, thanks for the recipe. :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
This sounds so good, but I'm a tweeker...:chef2:
I wonder if I could combine all the ingredients into a smaller prepared Crock Pot and let it cook until the chicken is done, then shred it and use it for tacos, quesadillas, tostadas, or even wraps...hhhmmmmmm....
Kinda like the set it and forget it theme...lol :thumb:

Thanks for sharing!!! :chef2:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
That's a great idea Paws. I think I'll try it with chicken legs and serve rice and tortillas on the side. YUM!

Reactions: Paws

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Thanks nuisance26

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That's a great idea Paws. I think I'll try it with chicken legs and serve rice and tortillas on the side. YUM!
Oohhhh, that sounds yummy!!
I'll have to incorporate this into my next upcoming menus!!
Thanks for the idea!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
This sounds really tasty! When can we all come over for dinner? :p

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Oh wow. We have tortillas in the bread bin from fajitas earlier this week. I am going to try and talk my SO into having this on Monday :lip:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried this recipe tonight after reading it and all I can say is......AWESOME .....Everyone enjoyed it, thank you so much for posting it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts