Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Thanks for all of your hard work CJ....there's a ton of information here!! I've bookmarked some & some are opened in other browsers to begin on now!

:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
:smball: Thanks CJ for the information. I will be checking it out. My first little grandson Seth or Sethie as we know him has Down's Syndrome. He will be 3 in May and will start a half day school program this fall. This past Tuesday he had to have tubes put in his ears as he was having major ear problems. He is so precious and such a gift from God. He loves to watch "Finding Nemo" and is fascinated by fish. My son bought an aquarium just so Sethie could watch his fish swim.
I appreciage any information you can send my way and I will pass it on to my son Joe and his wife Candius. Thanks, Rosemary

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rosemary - your not going to believe this. Our grandson has Down syndrome and will be 3 in May as well. And he just had tubes put in his ears and his tonsils out.

We also adopted our youngest son who has Down syndrome.

PM me if you have any questions.

I hope some of these links will help your son.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thank you for those great links! I have a son with autism.

Debbie

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just a suggestion...but as a teacher I always appreciate more information about my students (I have a Special Education Class with different exceptionalities) and since it was mentioned that some of you had grandchildren going to school, you might want to give these websites (or actually print the pages) to the teacher.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My ds 7 yrs has adhd and aspergers syndrome. They are closely related. There is literally no help in my area so I do what I can and keep trying to get the school to help. I have had a few small victories for ds. The school just doesn't want to do much because he has a gifted IQ. Their attitude is that if he does well academically then the rest doesn't matter - so sad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts