Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like diet lipton green tea but was thinking maybe I could make iced green tea myself. Perhaps a sun tea? I thought it would be less expensive to make it myself. Any ideas how to do this??

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
for ice tea, just boil the tea in a pot or tea kettle then let get cold. otherwise buying in bulk loose leaf in speciality shops sometimes u can get it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that just doesn't taste the same. I like that sweet citrusy taste. I wonder if I put some lemonade in my tea it would work. Anybody tried it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well Did the lemonade work ?

·
8,714 Posts
~I always have homemade green tea in the fridge. DH's favorite variety in the store is Arizona Green with Ginsing and lemon. He says mine is even better. For a gallon of tea I use 8 green tea bags. I use an off brand and it's weak. 4 of Lipton would probably work fine. Boil 4 cups of water and pour over bags. Steep 6 or more hours. Remove bags and stir in 1/4 cup honey, 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Pour into a gallon jug and add enough cold water to make a gallon. It's soooo good!~

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made a weak tea and added crystal light, 1/2 and 1/2. It turned out ok, not lipton green tea but it was ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts