Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was on sale this week. The speciality ones 2 boxes for $5.00 20 in abox. I love my tea, its so relaxing after a hard day or stressful day. i bought Hazelnut and spiced Chai. The hazel nut is so good. I drink them clear, no milk or sugar.
Does anyone else have certain drinks thats a must for them?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
A friend from England introduced me to Yorkshire tea. It is wonderful, but hard to find in the states. I just ordered 120 tea bags from Amazon.com for $21.60. DH likes it, too. It is strong, almost like coffee. I am drinking a cup right now!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Coffee. I MUST have coffee in the morning, otherwise I just can't function.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Years ago I used to buy Chinese food in a local shop that would send 2 bags of 'black tea' with each order. We loved that tea! The shop has since changed owners, and no more black tea.

Since you're a ~tea connoisseur~ :wink: could you tell me if you've ever seen it?

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
It is coffee for me too. I have to have a cup at the start of my day to get my eyes open and my brain functioning. :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I love tea. I'm really into white tea. I love black tea too but my dentist has so kindly remarked that I must be a coffee drinker the last two time I've had my teeth examined. So I've been drinking more white tea lately.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Coffee. I MUST have coffee in the morning, otherwise I just can't function.

Me too!!
Funny my dentist couldn't tell I was a coffee drinker :toothy:

I also like the Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red tea in the evenings. Oh my, soooo good!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Funny my dentist couldn't tell I was a coffee drinker :toothy:
I floss every night, brush twice a day, use mouthwash in the morning and fluoride at night and even started rinsing with hydrogen peroxide to whiten and my dentist still says "Oh, a coffee drinker eh?" I can't even see them but apparently there are slight stains between my teeth. To top it off, I only drink coffee every other day or so! And only one cup usually! So unfair. The dentist used to ask "Do you whiten your teeth?" and I could happily say "Nope!"

·
Registered
330 Posts
I love my coffee in the morning. In the summer my favorite is iced Paradise Brand "Tropical Tea". I looooove it. It comes with 4 pitcher bags per container for $2.50 and I can go through them in a week. I get it at Trader Joes. I have seen it at other places, but so far they are the cheapest.

·
8,714 Posts
~I love coffee but I could live without it. Can't live without the occasional Coke, cups of decaf green or chamomile teas and milk sweet milk. Would never even think of giving up milk.~

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
i hate coffee, hate tea.lol kinda feel like the lone one out.lol but can't live with out my diet dew, every morning, all day long.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard of white tea, never seen in though. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder whats its like, does it have the same taste?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
White tea is very mild in flavor. The stuff I have ranges from nearly clear to a slight yellow. It's like green tea but with even less of a bitter tea flavor (as much as green tea can even be considered bitter). Of the teas it is the best for you in terms of anti-oxidants with (generally) green next, then oolong, then black. Herbal varieties vary of course, and I don't know much about red tea. I really like it because it feels fresher somehow, but it isn't as flavorful as darker teas.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Regular black tea. I have a Mrs. Tea and make a pot every morning. In the summer I just add ice and any lefover tea becomes a nice glass of iced tea.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i.m.cheap......Tetley has a British Blend tea, I wonder if it is comparable to the Yorkshire tea you mentioned. Though here in NC I have a hard time finding the Tetley tea, I have had friends mail me some from Florida.

I love a good cup of tea and really like my coffee with vanilla caramel coffeemate in it.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
White tea is very mild in flavor. The stuff I have ranges from nearly clear to a slight yellow. It's like green tea but with even less of a bitter tea flavor (as much as green tea can even be considered bitter). Of the teas it is the best for you in terms of anti-oxidants with (generally) green next, then oolong, then black. Herbal varieties vary of course, and I don't know much about red tea. I really like it because it feels fresher somehow, but it isn't as flavorful as darker teas.
My carton of Tetley White Tea says on it something about white tea being green tea before its matured into green tea. Its at work so I cant quite quote it. I like it but Ive always left my bag in, I find with this one I cant or its too strong in flavour vs reg green tea. Go figure :lol: Still tasty nonetheless.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Every morning I have a cup or two of PG Tips tea - its a black tea from England - also I make iced tea in the summer with good ole Lipton :) and then if I have it mix in some lemonade

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
White tea is simply the least processed tea. Green tea slightly more so, followed by oolong and black, which is the most oxidized.

I have a couple of favorite teas I order every year from uptontea.com. An Assam (the only straight Assam I have ever liked) and a Formosa keemun. Other than that, I like English breakfast and and Earl Grey blends, and sometimes at work I made a nice Jasmine Green, a Bigelow tea. For iced tea, plain old Lipton's etc. will work. Surprisingly, I have found some really nice teas at Big Lots too. And cheap!

I can't even stand the smell of coffee.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts