Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lisa's Home Style Meatloaf

Recipe Description
Yummy and easy. My family loves meatloaf fixed this way. It can be made ahead, wrapped and frozen. Just take it out of the freezer a couple of hours before baking.​
Preparation Steps:
You need a large bowl for mixing. I've got a large metal bowl which is perfect.
A big baking pan. I prefer the metal for this meatloaf.
Clean a medium onion and dice.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
1 hour 15 minutes​
Ingredients:
3 pounds ground beef (does better with 80% lean ground beef)
1 egg
3/4 pkg crushed buttery crackers like Ritz but you can use generic which is what I do
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup flavored bread crumbs
Meatloaf spice
1 medium size can tomato sauce
1 cup + 1/4 cup ketchup
Diced medium onion​
Serves:
Directions:
In a large mixing bowl dump all ingredients except for 1/4 cup ketchup and mix by hand until mixed up thoroughly. Place all mixture into a large baking dish and smooth out. Rub 1/4 cup ketchup over the top. Bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Check to see if its done through and through.​

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you using a full 9x13 pan to bake this? Just trying to wrap my head around the serving size of the recipe...3 lbs ground meat + almost a package of Ritz, 1.5 cups oatmeal along with 0.5 cups of bread crumbs= a big pan oh meat in my mind LOL. If yes, then I think I could eaily make this into (3) 8 x 4 loaves out of this for my mini family (cook (1) right away & freeze (2))! :thumb: :hungry:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The crackers is not for a whole box. It is 3/4's of one of the round pkgs. It is a large meatloaf. We usually get a couple of meals out of it often with leftovers for lunch. I make this for church dinners and family reunions too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts