Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some little things you never or rarely buy because they are to expensive or unfrugal....

I'd like to buy Wisk detergent. I used to get Purex because it was cheapest but have started buying others on sale like arm and hammer because I didn't feel Purex was doing a great job. I have a bottle of Wisk for making the laundry pretreat in TWG and use it straight on spots that won't come out and it usually does the trick better than the rest.

Ben and Jerry's ice cream...need I say more?

Return address labels, not a big expense but cheaper to write it yourself.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Egyptain Cotton towels, Real Toile fabric, 300 thread count sheets, Too many to mention really.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I really love Tide detergent, and downy softener. I buy Costco brand.

Nealy

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
yes, I'd like to buy nuts, dried fruits, dates and all that stuff more often but instead I wait till there is a good sale...and that's not often

I would make cheesecake from scratch more often but it's kind of expensive...

I would buy more colors of nailpolish but haven't found a deal where I can get them that cheap...and if there IS a good sale all good colors are gone when i get there..

I would get Glad bags or Hefty but they are just soo expensive so instead I use Ruffies. Actually the kind of ruffies I get now isn't as thin as the scented ones we used to buy so it's not so bad.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My list could go on and on......;) . A few would be fruit out of season..I just can't afford high prices. Salad greens all year long...again high prices. Deli meat for sandwiches (it's a rare treat and only when on sale) and specialty breads.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Not much I really wish for, I don't mind being frugal but would like to eat a bit of lobster......

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I would love to buy a lot of new cleaning products that come on the market. 300 thread count sheets, the expensive towels, decorate my home with all Home Interior. Gee, there is sooo much! Cant' remember it all. lol :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'd love to buy all organic foods, but wow they cost a lot! I have started buying organic milk more often and I buy Laura's lean beef every so often, but I wish I could afford to buy all organic products all the time.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
A really great set of cookware. I have lots of cheapo cookware and when it wears out I just get more cheapos:( .

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Less hamburger....more roasts
good thick towels
I will have to think of some more...I'm sure there is more...just cant think of it right now..

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Good thick towels! More natural and organic foods, more clothes for me ( I always buy for the kids)....lots more

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
that's a toughie!;) too many to count.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts