Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things here have been crazy. DD's violence has gotten really bad. We had an appointment with her new psychiatrist and they put her on slow release meds. DD has never had luck on slow release she metabolisms it to fast. So I called the Dr on Tuesday to tell her it is still not going well. So she was going to order the quick release again. I go to pick it up last night and my coverage does not cover twenty milligram tablets only the ten. So I called the office today tried to explain to the office, and guess what the Dr is on vacation until next Tuesday!!! So I had to phone the pharmacy and get them to fax it back stating it has to be in tens so it will be covered, and the office is going to try and find a Dr to fill it. No guarantees though she we may be stuck until her Dr comes back. I have an IPRC meeting with the school tomorrow. I am not happy about what has been going on at the school so I have all her paper work and my notes together I will just have to remind myself to stay calm and not get angry.
Then there is me, my mental health has been suffering because of everything going on. So my support team was coming twice a day. Now they scaled it back to once a day. My ex has been over a lot to help me with DD. I think he now realizes how bad it can get with her. Last night she almost punched and kicked a hole in the wall. I had to restrain her buy bear hug to make sure she didn't break her hand or foot. I am covered in bruises and bite marks, she has ripped my clothing, broken stuff, almost broken my nose, gave me a black eye, and a fat lip, and this has just been the last month. I just keep telling the Drs I am running out of steam some one has to be able to help us.
She starts an anger management group next Monday, and the psychiatrist want her to work with the hospitals Behaviour Therapist, but I still have not gotten a call from her yet.
I guess I just need hope that things will get better for her.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Can't your ex just take her for a while? You really need a break.
Amen. He should be taking her right now if your health is suffering too...not a good combo. All drs. have someone on call for them while on vacation. Call the office & ask.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My ex takes her once in a while for the weekend, but he lives with his parents and tends to work for his dad most weekends. So he has been coming over to help.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
So sad this is going on.. When is the health care system really going to step in.. She is the type of little girl That could get so angry and hurt someone or herself.. Its not her fault. Soemthing in the brain just isn't working.. Where is the help for mom. You need a break darling. People wonder why parents snap. Parents can only handle so much till they break. Why can't get a petition started to help this child and mom something needs to be done. I know your in Canada and i know the health care is very different. I just can't imagine what this child is going through...

Reactions: Libby and Rhiamon

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Or what mommy is going through!!! You both are in my prayers...

Reactions: Rhiamon

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is trying a new medication again this weekend. We are probably going to be with my mom most of the weekend so she can help me. I have to try for sure for two days, it is another slow release which I keep telling them does not work for her.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
So to hear she and you are having a hard time,offering hugs and prayers a med is found that can help her out...can you get some care...I forget what it is called...I think you get so many hours a month...my friend has an autistic son and this care covers her to have weekend breaks...wish I can remember what it is called.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think that it's called respite care - to give the caregiver a break from the 24/7 caregiving duties. It sounds like your family would be eligible for some respite care for sure. You may need a physician or social worker to get the ball rolling on that though.

So sorry that you're having to deal with so much of these problems alone :(
A.

Reactions: Sophiasmama

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yes thanks thats what it iwas called...not sure if every province offers it...but in Alberta it is open to anyone...you contact Mental health services in your town. Hugs hope November is looking better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts