Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like they never wear the same outfit. Why is that? What's wrong with wearing the same outfit a few times a month to work? I wonder how they can afford it too. I'd rather spend my money on other stuff besides clothes.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Ours do here, I see our anchors and reporters frequently don the same outfit.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
at the end of the news report here it often says something like "hair and wardrobe provided by: such and such hair salon and so and so clothing " i think that companies here in town "hook em up" in order to get free publicity.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Ours do here, I see our anchors and reporters frequently don the same outfit.
:yeah:

I recognize the same outfits from our local anchor and weather reporter (woman) all the time. :)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I must not be very observant because I don't notice when an outfit has been worn before.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Ours are mostly "clothes and hair provided by" by folks.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I notice sometimes that the women will repeat an outfit, but it takes awhile for some of them to repeat. The men I can't tell. I often wonder how they can afford to have so many nice clothes, maybe there are sponsers. Our local channels don't say one way or another if the clothes were provided.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You can change the whole look of an outfit with accessories. Men can simply change out ties and shirts and use the same suits. Women can change out blouses and jewelry. Two of my best customers were local news anchors when I was in management at women's clothing store. They would call me, I would pull several suits (very basic, classic styles) but for each suit I would add at least 8 different colors/styles of blouses and lots of jewelry to mix and match. By careful mixing you could create the illusion of having tons of clothes. JMHO

·
Registered
579 Posts
I know our anchors wear the same outfit but some also donate them to a local "Dress for Success" chapter which sounds like they do good work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts