Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH is so jammy sometimes! We are always going to car boots and he comes home with total junk and dumps it where he sits and I go mad! :mad:

A few weeks ago he bought a machine and it was ugly and old, when we got home I ask him what it was for and he said he was going to sell it on ebay :laugh: yeah right!

He paid £3 for it ($4.77 US) - he has just sold it on ebay for £195 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ($310 US) ~ I still don't know what it was (apart from JUNK! LOL) He does stuff like this ALL the time!!!

Anyway last week I went to the car boot with my Mum and I said 'I'm going to buy a box of rubber stamps' LOL ~ She was teasing me saying 'oh haven't you got them yet?' and I said 'No they are saving them for the last stall, so I don't have to carry them round with me' ;)

This week on the way to the car boot with DH, I said 'I NEED rubber stamps for my card making, so can you get me a box of them? And don't come home until you have them LOL'

He did !!!!!! £20 the lot ($31 US) ~ What can you say? :eek: LMAO!

I'm so gob smacked! LOL ~ VERY happy though.

THANK YOU PAUL ! :hug2: ~ Oh and lots of them are huge and have NEVER been used!

·
27,948 Posts
Yea for your Dh! Nice bunch of stamps.

OK Bev time to educate me~ What does Jammy (sweet?) & gob smacked mean? :)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Wow, what a great deal! Looks like you are going to be busy (or should I say busier ;) ) What a nice DH!!! He should get brownie points for that!!

It is amazing what sells on Ebay isn't it, something we may think is junk is someone else's treasure!:smball:

Gob smacked~~My neighbour says that all the time!! She is from Jersey!! Love her accent when she says it! I'll have to tell her I heard it again!!:D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL ~ I don't know, Us foreigners LOL

Jammy is ~ REALLY Lucky.

And Gob-smacked (I don't do this one often LOL) is lost for words. :D

·
27,948 Posts
Thanks for the edgumication!:)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Awesome deal :clap:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Holy smoke, Bev lost for words, I can't believe it. :toothy: (love ya, Bev)

Wow Bev, what a cache of stamps. What a good deal and wow, your dh selling that thing on e-bay!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
What a great collection of stamps Bev ! I hope you made many more beautiful cards with them !
Thanks for the English 101 lesson !!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great deals on both your dh's buys!!! :D

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Nice lot of stamps there!

Ok-I knew Jammy (have a friend living in London) and Gob smacked-we hear here(course I don't know really what it means LOL)...but whats a car boot? Like a yard sale?:confused:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
WTG Bev, that is a great deal. Enjoy your new stamps. :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Great deals!! Would you consider loaning out your DH to go treasure shopping for the rest of us? ;)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Wonderful Bev!!! I love all your stamps! What a great deal! And also great deal on selling that ebay item!!! Yay!

Isn't a "car boot" sale like a flea market? where people gather together to sell their items from the back of their cars or tables set up?

Anyhow, love all you new stamps! great deal! and I can't wait to see how you use them!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amy ~ you can borrow my DH as long as it's for long periods LOL, he IS a good bargain hunter and very generous too but he makes enough mess on his own for all my kids put together it drives me :furious:

Now I thought I knew what you called a car boot but now even I'm confused LOL. We have garage sales which I assumed were your yard sales ~ where ONE person sorts out their things and sells from their own house/garage/garden.

Flee markets here are bric-a-brac sales, antiques & collectables surposedly but you can get away with just 'good junk' which you couldn't take to a 'proper' antique market.

Car boots are like a small ebay but no bidding LOL ~ You sort out everything you don't want, clothes, books, STUFF lol and take it to a pre-organised place usually a field or school playground and set up a paste table or similar and sell. Everybody knows where it is as they are regular and advertised in the local paper.

Sorry I rambled but I was going to say yes like a yard sale but now they sound more like a flee market LOL - next time I go I'll take a pic and show ya! ;)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry flee markets also are normally indoors and car boots are always outside and a car boot is more than one person (hopefully lol)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
What a great deal and I have an idea Bev, How about making us a list of all your expressions so we can keep up with you..lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts