Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ~ I know I'm not exactly brilliant and I have a LONG way to go before I'm anywhere near as clever as Sherry BUT............

I made my OWN signature! :D and managed to put it here AND an e-mail link!!!! I'm aware some of you will be thinking 'yeah so?' but before today I was TOTALLY clueless how you did those things.

It's only taken me about 5 hours LMAO and it's not 'that' clever but I DID IT!!!

I'm childish aren't I ~ LOL

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I see a little red X. :)
But I'm still proud of you!!!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I'm not sure.

Did you put the tags on both sides of the url in your signature lines? You have to put [ img] then [ /img] at the end. (NO spaces though.)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I did and I have the pic on an image hosting site ~ I've just looked at MY eBay page coz I did the same with that and the pic showed and now there's an x ????? I really can't get my head round all this LOL.

It's ok I've only been here since 3.30pm it's 2.10am now LOL

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I bet you have a set bandwidth where you have your pics hosted. I ran into that the first place I used. They only let your stuff be viewed so many times then it shuts down on ya. Check into that.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Weird. I typed the url for your pic right into my browser and I saw your signature.... then when I came back here it was here too.
I think your pic host is having the hiccups.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Yep... its working now.

BTW... thats very nice!! You did good!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Uh Oh! I have competition! :toothy: LOL

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you ~ I'm glad you like it :D I was so proud LOL.

Mine still shows as red crosses though and on my eBay page too??? I really don't know what I've done wrong???

I'm sooooo stupid with a PC :mad: I've only had one about 5 years! LOL

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Its back to a red X again for me. I think the server you have your pics hosted on (auctionpix) is having troubles. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I'M not doing anything wrong?

Should I change where I put my photo then??? I'm REALLY new at this LOL - I didn't have a CLUE this afternoon about any of it ~ I'm still not sure I have now LOL

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I have mine at www.thirdage.com and have NO complaints. Its free and they give you a TON of space and no limits.
I think I would... It would bug me to only have a pic show up when it wants to. Especially when you are trying to get the eBay thing going. Thats not cool.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sherry ~ I'm sorry I'm so thick but I signed up to the web site now I can't find where to upload the pics! Sorry :(

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I only saw the red X but might I add that it was a lovely red X, LOL. I can't wait to see your new siggy Bev. :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I can see your siggy, and I think it looks very nice. I wish that I knew how to do that. I could not figure out how to do it when I tried.

Traci

1 - 20 of 28 Posts