Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a used ironing board for dd so that she can iron her quilting blocks in her room, rather than running downstairs all the time.

I've always wanted an old wooden one - my mom, grandmother and great grannie all had one and I always wanted my moms. She threw it out!!! :eek:

I mentioned to my neighbour I was looking for one and guess what, we actually have a thrift store in our small town, in a local home. He has his garage full, a bedroom full and a small house in the back of his yard full of "stuff".

Guess what he had there, an old antique wooden ironing board. I've never seen the likes of this one but I got it for $10.00. I'm picking it up tonight. I'll use it and give dd mine which isn't old at all.

I'm so excited, another reminder of pioneer days!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh CJ that is just great and what a deal huh? May you have years of great use from it. I wish I could find one like that.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
CJ, I have two of these that I use to display quilts on. They are really rustic and I love them. Glad you are getting one too. It's great that you have such caring neighbors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What a Sweet Neighbor- you are one Lucky woman!
I treasure things that remind me of my family. I hope you have many years of happy ironing :dancing:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You have so many caring friends CJ, I have an old one, it's the kind that attaches to the wall..... Have fun with yours !!!!!!:D

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
wow! what a great find! and a great price too!! you are so lucky, enjoy!!:D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
CJ~ you are so lucky to have all these reminders of the past. What a great price too.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have one that I bought off of ebay for $20.00

Have it in my laundry room leaning against the wall with a berry wreath hanging on it

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got it and its set up in my bedroom, right beside my sewing machine.

Keep your fingers crossed ladies, but the neighbour thinks she may have found me a quilting frame also. Her aunt had one and she is going to call her and see if she still has it!!! Now wouldn't that be a find.

·
Registered
281 Posts
how cool :)

I have one that a neighbor tossed out ... this thing looks very old but it still stands.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Wow, that is a great find CJ. What a sweet neighbor too.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
wow that is a great buy...

wow that is a great buy...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts