Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... a little about me..

Grew up in a blue collar family, also my husband, we're from a smaller town...Just always been our way...been one to "Conserve", "Save for a rainy day", I like to call it a "torrential downpour".... my husband's way of describing me is .. "My wife can squeeze a dime out of a nickle"... we have 6 kids... 3 still at home.. 2 in college, 1 flew the nest but is back after being laid off last month...

I've been, for the most part a stay at Home Mom.. side jobs along the way.. we've been debt free for 10 yrs now..

BUT BUT BUT....We are bracing ourselves for my husband being laid off, they have as much closed the shop where he works & a few men are hanging by a thread .....it's been a wonderful run, but I think it's coming to a close ... I used to pray over this scripture in the beginning of our marriage...

He has a pretty good blue collar job (for our high unemployment / lower income area)... so being ultra frugal and making right decisions are paramount RIGHT NOW & in the near future..

Time for me to buckle up & find a Full time job with benefits, been applying the last few days... not so easy with a lacking resume behind me. I worked in "Direct care" for a time last year.. Very concerned about loosing our "family" Health benefits -that he carries through his job....

So if I may ask the regulars here.. what do you love, keeps you coming back to "Frugal Village"??

Give me some tips on jumping in here ? I am not new to forums, I enjoy them very much..but this is my 1st post here.. thanks so much!:vs_wave:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome to FV!!! Sounds like you have a lot of skills and I can't wait to learn more about your life and ideas.

Join the challenges. I think they help me keep accountable to my goals - no spend, no eat out, frugal challenge is about what you did frugal today.....Don't forget to read some of the older threads, they have lots of great information.

Over the years I've made some friendships, learned A LOT of great information. I keep coming back to keep myself accountable, to make sure I'm still on track, to learn from others and to help whoever I by sharing ideas and answering questions.

Reactions: ilovechocolate

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Welcome LadyIn red, what kept me coming back here was the friendly helpful people and wanting to learn how to be more saving I didn't realize how wasteful i was until i found this site back in 2009.Be sure to go to forms and read lots of older posts jump in ask question and post comments.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Hi and welcome, LadyInRed! I started coming here after some severe financial issues in 2007 and have never left even though finances are somewhat better. Why? The people. I've made some dear friends here.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Welcome!
The encouragement from the people here keeps me coming back and all the GREAT information!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Welcome and agree with the read the archives. Especially the ones from 2008 to 2010 when the economy tanked. Even the challenges from that time period. A lot of people here were desparate.

Reactions: ilovechocolate
1 - 6 of 6 Posts