Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a SAHM and an Avon Representative. I have been doing the Avon thing for about 4 months, so I am still learning the ropes and struggling with figuring out how to get my name out there to potential customers. Any tips, hints, or advice?

I have the Avon catalogs to work with. A new one every 2 weeks.
I printed up small posters with tear off strips of my contact info.
I have business cards, but haven't found much use for them yet.

I live in an apartment building with about 40 families. I have permission to put my catalogs in the common areas and even to slide them under the apartment doors (unless I am asked not to by a neighbor). I keep current books in all the common areas. I have posters hanging on the 2 bulletin boards here. And every so often I go around and place a book under every door... I don't want to become a nuicance so I don't do this every campaign, maybe once every couple of months.

I also keep current catalogs and a poster at the local laundromat in town.

I have a poster up in the lobby of the Pizza Hut in town.

I have not come across any other bulletin boards in town that allow public ads.

Another area I could use some advice in...
I have a website for ordering online, so I am not limited to local customers. People can order online and have it delivered to their door. I even have the ability to give my customers free shipping most of the time. Where would be my best bet to advertise for customers online?

I placed a Craigslist ad awhile back... didn't get any calls or orders, but I will probably keep it up just incase.

I have a Facebook page for my business, but haven't gotten any leads from it yet.

I would appreciate any advice from other Avon Reps, past or present... or any WAHM... or Avon customers... or anyone at all for that matter!

I have sold Avon in the past and quit. I don't want to give up this time. Help me be successful!!
:grouphug:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I made some calls this morning and then took a drive...

Newly designed posters are now up in the convenience store here in town as well as the one in the next town... and the Pizza Hut and Country Kitchen here in town... and new catalogs and posters at the local laundromat and here in my apartment building.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
The laundromat sounds like a good idea, maybe you can ask permission to leave books at other businesses where people are stuck waiting for long periods - dentist offices, doctor offices, hair salons - you can also go into larger businesses and ask at the front desk if you can leave a book for their staff lunchroom.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
how about at local hairdressers ?

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your help and support!

I just got my Craigslist ad back up and running.

ALSO, and this is exciting... I added my Avon business to Google Maps! So when someone searches for Avon or beauty supplies locally I will show up. So cool!

·
Registered
22 Posts
How is it working out for you thus far?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have any new tips and tricks to add? I took a couple of months off while we got married, bought a new home, and got settled in. Now I'm back at it! Just got my catalogs today. I was out today hanging up posters with my contact info on tear strips. I ordered business cards and a stamp for the back of my catalogs, as soon as those arrive (supposedly by tomorrow) I will be pounding the pavement putting catalogs on my neighbors' doors.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Sometimes grocery stores will have bulletin boards you can put ads on. If you have friends and family that live out of state you can invite them to your FB page so they can take advantage of any free shipping deals you offer.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 5 signs up on bulletin boards around this and the neighboring town. I am on the lookout for more!
I also created a Facebook page for my business. If I get 25 fans I can set up a username, which will allow me to advertise its link. Anyone want to fan me? lol

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Have you asked at the local schools? They have teacher workrooms they may let you throw one in there and also in the staff bathrooms.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh good idea!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts