Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is old and is starting to fall apart. Any recommendations? Which brand do you like best? What features do you like? Dislike? Shape? Ceramic or stainless steel?

TIA! :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I love one of mine and not the other, make sure it is big enough for your family, i love my oval one, and the dish comes out which makes clean up so much easier. sorry it is ceramic too.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I love mine, its a Hamilton Beach and the largest you can get. With a family of 5 you need a large one.

I also like that the dish comes out so its easy to clean.

I also liked the price of it.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
mine was a wedding gift so i can't help you with price.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
http://store.rivalproducts.com/detail.asp?titlepic=&PN=3751-GP&UID=2002121611584179&CAT=

This is similar to mine, but mine is larger. (I think mine is 7qt or 7.5) I forget.
It has the stoneware insert, so it's easy to clean. The only problem I have with this one is that it cooks slower than my round rival crockpot did. My round one was smaller. (I believe a 5 qt) My round one also didn't have a removeable insert and that was a pain to clean. My round one also had a plastic lid vs. a glass lid. (I melted the lid) LOL

I know my crockpot was under 50$, but it sure was not 22.99$ as this 5 qt one I linked to. If I find it online, I'll link to it in a bit.

Sara

·
27,948 Posts
Mine is a 6qt oval Corningware crockpot. The shape is great for roasts and large ammounts of food. It seems to cook things a little fast but I compensate. I really like mine.hth

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I have one like Sara :) I'm not sure what qt mine is though...either 5 or 6. I got it at Wal-Mart.I think it cost around $30 or less.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Mine is a 5 qt Rival with a removeable insert that is round. I love it. Mine was a wedding gift, so I don't know about price, but so far it has withstood 4 years of heavy cooking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts