Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Lavender,
I homeschool my kids, so that is my "family business"! LOL!:D My kids have a small (but growing) lawn care business and I've somehow become their secretary.:eek:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
WoW! :eek: I am sorry I didn't mean to say that you weren't here. It's just that I hardly ever see anyone on any of the sites I get on from Oregon. Are you at the south end of town or the north? It sure is a nice drive down Hwy 99 to Newberg. Seems like we're always on our way somewhere else when we come that way. I never get to browse the little shops. Maybe something to do for the summer!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I am on the SW corner of town. When you drive through town, turn left at the last stop light (Papa Murphy's is at that light on the right). This is Main Street. Go to 4th and Main and I am on the NE corner!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I see you post a lot. Do you have kids and you are a SAHM or do you work from home? I do Avon and I also have a part-time job.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Lavendar, I am sort of both! I work about ten hours a week as well as volunteering in my kids' school. I spend a lot of time working with my dog and reading. Hey, I work at a library--I HAVE to love books!:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's pretty cool to work at a library. I love to read. I have boxes of books to read! Do you think we're going to have summer this year? what's up with all this rain? I usually don't complain but I want to get my garden going and it's to wet to rototil.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So true! You mean like sink hole de mayo. :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
***"sink hole de mayo"***:toothy: Laurie, you are too funny!!! I know what you mean about the rain though. We have another sunny day and I'm taking advantage of it! Got my laundry hanging out on the line and am getting more crops put in the garden!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Our waterfront park gets so wet and usually it's very humid right about now. But not this year, it's pretty cold around here. They said we are 9 degrees cooler than we should be right now. Not so good for the garden it's a mud hole out there. We usually plant tomatoes on Mother's Day but I'm not sure we will get to.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I still have my tomato plants in their little pony packs and under cover. We got frost 2 nights ago and I don't want to lose them.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Lavender, I work part time at the public library. I have two DSs so am busy with them a lot. I also show my dog regularly. My sister sells Avon too!

Summercat, I will be in Puyallup the weekend of June 6th for a dog show! Small world, hmmm?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Lori, What kind of a dog do you have? And where does your sister sell Avon? Does she live in Newberg too? I know of a rep in Sherwood by the name of Melissa. It is a small world!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
My sister's name is Patty Biever. Yes, she lives in Newberg too. It took us over twenty years to be in the same town, but we are finally within a mile of each of each other!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts