Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a reputable source online to buy staples like packages of instant mashed potatoes, canned foods, things that don't need refrigeration. I was hoping to find a place I could buy large cases or a full palet of food, or just a few cans/boxes/packages. Anyone know someone reputable?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly and asking them? OR a food service provider ie Sysco Foods

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
honeyville grain, emergency essentials are two places that come to mind. I have purchased quite a bit from honeyville grain. Sign up with them and you will receive notification of sales/discounts.

·
Banned
952 Posts
If you're talking about a case of veggies or a case of ravioli's,etc., see if the manager of your store would order it for you. I've heard of others doing this. Also, if you have amembership to a warehouse store ( sam's ,costco,etc) you can certainly by cases of foods there. I've heard of folks going to regular Walmarts and buying cases fo food too.

I buy those pouches of potato flakes (betty crocker, idahoian) at my regular grocery store. they have them on sale 10/$10 and then if I have a coupon I get them for like .75-.80 each, so I stock up. I like making them and then letting them cool and then making potato pancakes from them. same with the boxed dehydrated potaoes from betty crocker. I stock up on them too.

Google the words " discount groceries" and see if something comes up in your state. Some places have stores called Sav-a-lot or Aldi's, where the prices are very cheap and you can get large amounts of the foods.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the honeyville site.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I love Harmony House

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
If you're looking to buy bulk in things that you usually buy at the grocery store, check out Amazon. They have great prices and if you buy in bulk, you'll most likely spend enough to qualify for free shipping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts