Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to give a location for pricing I'm in Ottawa, ON...
I have a friend that is selling their 3yo Wii game system for $150.
-Wii
-(2) controllers with nunchuck
-Wii Sports
-Mario Galaxy
-Metroid Prime
-High School Musical Sing It
I have no idea if this is a good deal or not!
HELP!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy it for that price but that's just me. I'd probly try to get her to knock it down to 100. It depends on a lot of factors though...

It's 3 years old!
Does she have kids (did they play it all 3 years)?
Is it in good condition?
Will you play those games?
Does she have a smoke free/pet free home?
Is she a close enough friend that she'll knock the price down?

I don't know, I'm sure others will have better opinions.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes it's a good deal. Systems are about $220 bucks they come with 1 remote control and no nunchucks (each nunchuck is like $30.00 buck and another remote is another $50.00. Not to mention about $100.00 worth of games. And not to mention no tax. It's a great deal. Look on kijiji an dsee what others are selling for and compare. I'm sure you will agree it's a good price.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Rosie,

Seems like good price, but no warranty , 3 yrs old and there are usually fantastic good Friday shopping prices for game systems around this time. Also from now till Christmas people will usually sell on ebay, craigslist etc game bundle packs for a great price to raise money for Christmas etc. So if you can get a new for a great price with warranty, you can maybe find a great price for used games, try game stop online or in person they sell used with warranties for a good price as well as used games. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm you've all given me some good things to consider!
Right away two of the "bought" games are knocked out> DS is too young to play Metroid Prime as I believe it is rated T and I'm not 100% sure he would play the HS Musical singing game (well def not when friends or his big brother are around LOL) and the Wii Sports comes with the game system so that's not really a bonus to me in this deal.
Soooo really I'd be paying $150 for a 3yo game console, one controller with nunchuck and the Mario Galaxy game hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
$200 for the system, 1 controller, wii sports
$50 for the extra controller
$50 for the 2 nunchuks
$50 for Mario Galaxy
$52 tax

So just over $400 to buy the same new.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
$200 for the system, 1 controller, wii sports
$50 for the extra controller
$50 for the 2 nunchuks
$50 for Mario Galaxy
$52 tax

So just over $400 to buy the same new.
Where are you pricing things through? On amazon, nunchucks on $17.99, controllers are $34.98.

Is there that big of a price difference between the U.S. and Canada? (I am Canada dumb.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try www . worthmonkey . com. They have a really cool pricing engine that uses listings on eBay and other places. I use it anytime I list stuff for sale on eBay (which has been quite frequently lately).

·
Registered
579 Posts
walmart often have nunchuck for 15 in ontario...

the MAIN question...has it been played by a kid for 3 yrs
mine has and its glitchy......so think on that

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you pricing things through? On amazon, nunchucks on $17.99, controllers are $34.98.

Is there that big of a price difference between the U.S. and Canada? (I am Canada dumb.)
LOL TRU is selling the "Ninetendo Wii Bundle Plus with Wii Sports Resort" for $209.99> this is what the writeup states:

Bundle includes console, Nintendo Wii Sports Resort, Accessory, a sensor bar, an AV cable, a Nintendo Wii stand, a Nunchuk controller, and featuring the new Nintendo Wii Remote Plus, and for even more exciting game-control possibilities.

Again at TRU additional regular as well as nunchuk controllers are $24.99 and Super Mario Galaxy is $54.99.

I guess I'm just nervous about no warrenty and the game system belongs to a nonsmoking family with one child...I have no real idea how often it was actually used.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I'd ask if they could lower it to $100-$125. IF you do decide to get it, call it a 'Family Christmas present'. Even those that are not game oriented (adults) seem to get sucked in by the Wii and you an always find used Wii games for less that you may like and not the kids. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts