Frugal Village Forums banner

looking for source for Bulk food

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  marlas1too 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
Yesterday I found this site for the first time,and love it!
My first post is this question as well as some of my source.

I would be interested in finding sources for Bulk foods such as:
(Hope it to be Organic)
Honey,Bee Pollen,Rice,Beans,Grains,Seeds (sprouting/growing) and just about anything else Organic that can be stored.

I have purchased bulk food online (from that you can guess the site) but like the option of saving money by picking up myself (they don't offer) and would like to hear of other sources either online or close to my locale with quality bulk foods (S.W. Pa.)

Great deal of information on here and would like to thank all of you for posting and helping others,as well as thanking in advance to any information on my request.

By the way,I'm Mike and currently staying in Pa. until we (my family) can find a decent homestead.

Nice to meet all of you
Mike (From Pa.)

See less See more
#8 ·
Most of those places that have been suggested are online and therefore the shipping costs are going to be high. When I ordered from Walton Feed (lived in VA at the time) the shipping cost MORE than the actual purchase.

What I would suggest instead, is to check out your local stores, plus start making your own stuff, dried fruits and veggies,

Plus check out Aldi stores, there are 75 stores in PA alone! They are good for cheap prices and you can stock up on "provisions".

Also, Costco has lots of bulk (well large quantities) of rice and beans and they have been going more organic than not.

Trader Joe's usually has organic, but it won't be bulk, but good prices; sometimes Whole Foods also has bulk foods, organic always, but high prices.

Also check out your local farmer markets, they might have interesting stuff, plus there are lots of coops in PA, you just have to start looking to find them. Localharvest.org for farms and coops, and
pickyourown.org both are great sites to find farmers and local produce.

I would suggest getting a drier to dry foods and make your own, that is the best way to make sure you like it and will use it.

Welcome to the forums, and enjoy the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.