Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a Fiction book?
I'd like to travel to someplace wonderful with intriguing characters. Something I can't put down.
Tall order huh? Thanks for any help you can give.:)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Darlene,

I recently read the best series of books - one that truly made me feel I was a part of the characters' lives. The author is Adriana Trigiani and the series is Big Stone Gap, Big Cherry Holler, and Milkglass Moon. The stories follow the life of a small town pharmacist/spinster and her quest to find out what is real in her life after her mother dies. Great books!:thumb:

Another series of books I enjoy reading are mysteries written by M.C. Beaton. She has a couple of series, but I've only read the Hamish Macbeth books ("Death of a..."). These are very light reading - before my son was born I could polish one off in a day. The stories are set in Scotland, and include a very interesting set of characters!:clap:

Good luck finding some great reads for the summer!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I like doris Roberts and I read a book that was mindless fun but i can't remember the name of it. It was by Megin Cabot and it was all done in E-Mail format. I laughed out loud on that one. Also The Princess Diaries is good. It is not like the movie.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestions ladies.,I'll check those out. I usually like the books better than the movies. Must be something about using your imagination.;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Anne Rice's The Witching Hour is one of my FAVORITE books...awesome characters and detail..she takes you there if ya know what i mean..

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
The Shell Seekers...I loved that book so much, I hated when it was done!:mad:

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for more suggestions! Going to put them all on my list.:)

I read the Jane Auel Series except for the latest. Sure took a while for it to be published. I think I'll have to go back & reread those, I really enjoyed them years ago.:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just finished a great "fun" book. It is "Cabinet of Curiosities" by Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston. They also wrote "The Relic".

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Secret Life of Bees! I love that book!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My list is growing. Thanks ladies!:)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Megareader I agree with you. I loved "Jane Eyre" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn". I also really enjoyed, "Gap Creek," "The Doll Maker," and "Grapes of Wrath."

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I like Nicholas Sparks and currently reading 'Nights in Rodanthe'.
I'm trying to make my way through all of his books :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I just read Nicholas Sparks 'Nights in Rodanthe' and LOVED it couldn't out it down, read the whole book in a day... BUT I can never put his books down..
I read the Secret life of Bees this summer and that was really good too...

I just started Anitia Sheves (Think I am spelling that wrong but the author of the pilots wife) her book Sea Glass and so far it is good...

There are so many out there to read :~) good luck getting one you like..

Eileen

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Eileen-I haven't read Sea Glass but I've wanted to read "All he ever wanted". I've heard it was good...

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Have you read the Left Behind series yet? Two of my sons, along with myself are hooked on them!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Debbie--Steve has read all but the last one.I haven't read any. Not sure why,just haven't...

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Tammy, they are addictive!!! The boys and I have all read the last one and couldn't put it down. I always reserve the first copy that the library will be getting in months in advance before it's due in the stores.:D My oldest son also read the Left Behind for Kids series and loves them also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts