Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else actively looking for work? I've been out of work for two months, things here haven't been very active. Partly due to the holiday's and since I live in the NW, the snow shut our area down for over two weeks, too. Also, lots of layoffs in our area and unemployment is up.

I was wondering how are you going about your job search? Have you found anything that seems to be helping you to get interviews or responses to your resume/applications? Or options that I haven't thought of...I was an admin, but I'm willing to try other things.

So, if you have some inspiration and maybe some ideas I haven't tried, I'd love to hear them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear you are out of work. Myself I had to take an early retirement due to Medical Issues, if not I would still be working in the Retail Store Management Field.

Have you tried checking with Google as a Search Engine. Type in what you are looking for and the area where you live. Then click on search and it will give you pages of assorted jobs within your search area. Also, you could check with any major companies in your area that may have an opening on what you are looking for, as that never hurts to ask.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I've googled job searches, but everyone here is out of work right now, so it's hard to be noticed, will the landslide of resumes.

I'll have to try and figure out some of the bigger companies around and check there local sites. Thanks!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Same here. DBF has been out of work since mid Nov. The few jobs that come up have literally hundreds of people applying...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it's like that here too. I'm widening my search to include positions, I might not have applied for before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts