Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
J has been calling since December asking for Honduras and they have kept telling us that we are to far out to get orders (we move the first of August). Finally, last week when he called they told him all the Honduras spots are filled and they have us down for Ft. Campbell. Alaska was our second choice. We still don't have anything saying we are going to Campbell, just the branch managers e-mail.

So, with that said I'm doing my research now since I'll probably leave in July to go house hunting. Anyone been there before?

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Never been, but good luck to you. If you are on FB, I know there are a few Army Wives 'groups' that are great for advice on various bases.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My grandson is stationed there, however he is in Afghanistan until August. His wife and 2 little girls live in Clarksville, Tennessee, just over th state line. They like it there.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
haven't been there. Sorry you didn't get your top choices :( My dad was in Honduras for a while and enjoyed his time there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spent 4 years at Ft Campbell. We lived in Clarksville and it was growing when I was there so there was a lot of new construction and places to rent. Clarksville is a medium sized city which feels smaller than it is. The traffic on 911 sucks during the day especially during PT and lunch hours. There are 5 Walmarts and a Sams Club near post and on post they built the largest PX in the military. They have put a lot of money into renovations in the past 8 years which is nice considering the level of deployments at Campbell.

I liked the area around Campbell more than I liked Clarksville. If you are into the outdoors then there is a lot of camping and mountains just a few hours away. Nashville is 45 minutes from Clarksville- Indy is 6 hours away.

What unit is your husband going to?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info TCam. Right now he is slated for 160th.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things are moving along. The car is shipped. The temp furniture will be here on the 1st. The movers coming on the 5th and the kids, dog, and I fly out on the 14th! I will miss Germany and living in Europe soooo much. I hope to be here again one day.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Good luck with the move. I hope it goes really well for you guys. :)

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Hi I have heard good and bad things both about Fort Campbell my daughter is Army try to find a wives group on facebook to make a contact with. the area has grown and it still feels small town. Like the lady said I really think u will like it is a very friendly place.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good luck on your move and in your new area.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
226 Posts
My grandson should be leaving Afghanistan and be back at Fort Campbell in about 3 weeks. I can't wait until he is back on American soil. I haven't seen him for a year and I really miss him.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
gocitykids.com is a GREAT sight to plug in a city and see what attractions are nearby. You can do inside/outside, kids/teenager/adult, museum, etc. specifications. I LOVE it! Call the local Chamber of Commerce, too. They are always giving away freebies for around the city to get you to patronize local businesses. Take advantage of their organization and deals!
Thank you for what you and your family do for my family! Enjoy your new adventure!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
my BFF was stationed there with her now ex. Her ex is there again now. She liked it pretty well. she made a lot of lifetime friendships there. Hope you enjoy it too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts