Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it does have *something* to do with knitting....

I made my own stitchmarkers!!

These five took less than 15 minutes, with the majority of the time spent on the first one (which I ended up taking apart & doing twice). Aren't they purdy :toothy:

I used this tutorial:
http://www.wormspit.com/stitchmarkers.htm

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
They are very purdy :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You did such a great job making these! They are very purdy :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I think you should try to sell some on fleabay :D

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
They really are purdy!! What exactly do you do with them? (A non-knitter here).

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Very nice! I like! :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They really are purdy!! What exactly do you do with them? (A non-knitter here).

They are used to keep track of where you are in a pattern. Some use them for blankets or long cast ons to keep track of how far they have gone...one marker for every 20 stitches so if they lose count they don't have to go back & recount 200-something stitches.

Some use them to mark the beginning or end of repeats in a pattern. Some use them to keep track of where the beginning/end of a round is when knitting in a circle.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Heather those are so cute! What materials did you use for the wiring? I have wanted to make some of these myself, but as ususal, no time.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Those are gorgeous! I have got to make some, they sure look purdier :) than my plain ole plastic markers. :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Heather them are nice. i use to use pennies on the couch. one for 20 sts.
I like your idea better.
Did u see the cowboy at the bottom who made them. Cute eh.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heather those are so cute! What materials did you use for the wiring? I have wanted to make some of these myself, but as ususal, no time.

I used the same as in the tutorial: mini toggles and head pins. Along with beads and needle nose pliers. I got ALL of it at Walmart for under $20! That includes a small case to put all the small pieces in and I have enough materials for at least 30 more stitchmarkers :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts