Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know yhat there a lot of football and NASCAR fans in the village. Are there any hockey fans? The Buffalo Sabres made it to the finals last year but fell a little short. This year we have a better team, so hopefully they can get the job done. Who are you rooting for?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Of course, I am an L.A. Kings fan, but we fell short of the play-offs this year. I think the lock out really hurt hockey. They don't televise as many games any more as they used to.

I'm not a Duck or Sharks fan.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i use to watch it RELIGIOUSLY, we're talking about posters, pictures and jerseys lining my walls. then the strike happened and i never bothered to get back on board. i dont even know whos in the playoffs now.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i think versus has the contract to show all nhl games. some drama with espn or something. hubby told me about it but i forget what happened. i haven't followed hockey this year as life has been too crazy. dh is a diehard bruins fan. i prefer minor league hockey, but i don't get to those games very often either.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
whoa whoa whoa... ok. we've got center ice so every game in the us and canada, we can watch. thats basically hockey 24 hours a day. he's a sharks fan, a HUGE sharks fan. this of course means that i know every player by name and know some stats and who's who. we've got season tickets to the dallas stars cause we live in dallas and theres a game on sunday!!! i knew very little about hockey before i met dh but now... i can explain icing. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm a sinner. I am both a Red Wings fan and an (gasp!) Avs fan!

I have to be careful whenever I watch hockey so I don't get struck by lightening. (No pun intended!)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Hehe... I'm an Oilers fan! I have NO idea what happened to them last year. Think we need new coaches and management. To go from losing the Stanley cup in game 7 of the series(no shame there) to not even making the finals is an embarassment to the franchise and the owners should get over highering Oilers Alumni and get some REAL management and coaching happening!

Cheering for the Islands as that's where our Ryan Smyth is :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We are Duck fans here!! :) Hoping to see them go to the finals and win this time!!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
dallas v. canucks game going on right now. DH is there with a buddy from work. lets hope it goes well!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I miss Hockey!!!!! I've never been much of a "watch on TV" sports kind of fan but oh if I couldn't get to an Islander game I'd watch it. I don't know anyone from where I grew up that hasn't seen at least one Islander/Ranger game in person (even if they hated hockey) and have stories to tell. Moving here to Kentucky put a damper on that. There's no hockey team here and we weren't able to get the games on TV when we first moved. DH and I have both sort of drifted from it but it always seems to catch our attention when somebody mentions it. ....Like I think someone mentioned that the Islanders actually made it to the playoffs this year (but as the last team). Makes me sad...they use to be awesome. I always kinda liked the Red Wings too. (I kept that kinda quiet though....It was almost as bad as being a Ranger fan.)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not looking too good for the Sabres, they really got their backs to the wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts