Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband made WAY TOO MANY potatoes for dinner the other night. Can these be frozen? What else can we do with so many baked potatoes? Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
cut them up and fry them the next morning as home fries .. scoop out the insides mash (like mashed potatoes) and fill them back in .. add bacon and cheese or whatever and voila stuffed potatoes .. i've froze stuffed potatoes before .. tasted great when we finally did eat them (some stores sell them frozen anyway)

Reactions: lisettelovebug

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Baked Potato Soup

·
8,714 Posts
~Leftover baked potatoes is a good problem to have! I like to scoop out the insides and mash them for potato and onion soup. You can also use the plain mashed potatoes for potato gnocchi or potato refrigerator rolls.
You can use the skins for a loaded potato skins appetizer. Make a mixture of olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and Parmesan cheese and rub it on the skins. Bake at 400* for 10-15 minutes(edges will start to crisp). Top skins with cheese and bacon bits and cook 10-15 minutes longer. You can add sour cream, green onions or salsa while serving. Soooo good!~

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
They will keep in the fridge for about a week, so you can have them later for a quick lunch or dinner.

I'd make potato cakes with the egg and a little biscuit mix (instead of flour) for breakfast or an alternate side dish.

You can stuff them with cheese and sour cream and wrap them well and freeze them for later, too.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Them thar's ready fer fryin'. LOL Also soup, mash and top shepherd's pie, reheat and serve w/broccoli&cheese for a cheap meal.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
chunk them up and make into potato salad. (both german and american). Of course twice backed is good, fryed, cut in 1/2 warm up and used again as baked.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Chop them, skins and all. Add to scrambled eggs with some onion and chopped peppers. Serve with flour tortillas (warmed) and salsa.

·
Registered
243 Posts
They really keep well in the fridge for quite a while. I make extra when we have them for dinner and take them in my lunch.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I little bit of chopped red onion, a little olive oil, some kosher salt and black pepper - add one skillet and you've got a FABULOUS breakfast!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I make mashed potatoe patties with leftover potatoes. add beaten egg, some spices, I add alittle italian seasoning or basil and some breadcrumbs make patties then fry in oil until brown on both sides

·
Registered
623 Posts
Mmmmm-twice baked potatoes !! They are easy and delicious.

·
19,119 Posts
I am starting to salivate folks - great ideas and I truly love potatoes!!

I would cubed them and fry them with chopped onion and leftover meat for a hash!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts