Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of the kiddos and I went to town, had lunch out and went thrift store shopping. (I had four bags to donate too~) I haven't been in so long, it was fun!! I got:

~Wooden calendar frame, have been looking for one, I am going to paint it white and then distress it and that will go in my bedroom, in my "me" corner, $2.00
~whole set of Anne of Green Gables books, the sequels when she is older, beautiful!, $1.00
~approx. 4 yards of the most beautiful blue floral cotton fabric, couldn't believe it and it was on the 50 cent rack!
~4 sweaters for Delaney that will fit her in the fall, 2 were GAP and 2 Old Navy, really pretty ones, $2.00
~3 new curtain rods and the exact size I needed, $1.00, still in the package
~Delaney found a beanie of a raccoon that she just had to have in memory of her little pet.......free! She was hugging it so hard the lady told her she could have it!:angel2:

We also found a new Dollarama, never been to one before, everything was a dollar and they had great stuff...didn't have time to look around too much but will definitely be going back. I noticed things in there that were a dollar that I have seen elsewhere for at least double that!! We have a few other "dollar" stores but not much is a dollar!!! There are lawn ornaments up near $10.00!!! Glad to find this one!!

·
27,948 Posts
Good deals Heather! Sounds like you had lots of fun too.:)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
WTG Heather! You found some great bargains. Don't you just love thrift stores! You found a nice saleslady to boot, it is so wonderful to see that kind of service nowdays. :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Congrats on the great bargains! I'm glad you had a good time.

Last week I got a floor mat for my computer chair, two pretty glass bowls, a bag of cinnamon potporri, 12 dishtowels, a keyboard and mouse, 12 cloth napkins, a box of wax paper and a box of freezer bags all for under $20.00! I was really tempted to get more stuff but I stayed sane (lol) and only got the things I really needed.

I volunteered and worked in the thrift store for 4 hours and when I got ready to check out with my items, the manager gave me a huge break on my stuff.

I'll be volunteering again when I feel better.

I love thirft stores.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts