Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in Lou-zee-ana (it's a pronunciation thing), work in Mississippi and it's only 3.1 miles from the house to the office.

·
Registered
663 Posts
SHP155 - Welcome to the Village! I would use the smiley / huggy things but it slows the computer . . .to . . .a . . .crawl.

I understand about the pronunciation thing. I LOVE Nawleans and all of Lou-zee-ana! Was in Nawleans about 2 months before Katrina and haven't been able to get back, yet. One of my very best vacations ever!

Glad you're here - Enjoy!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome, I'm in Baton Rouge. Great to see other G.R.I.T.S. here!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Hi and welcome from Minnesota! :wave2:

·
Registered
7,787 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Shreveport. This summer's a scorcher in Luzeeana, isn't it? 107 heat index here today and not even August yet. I hope you're a degree or two cooler!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi and welcome from Missoura. I used to live in Shreveport as a kid. Loved it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello and welcome from Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I replied to this a while back, but just wanted to say glad that there are some Louisiana girls here!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm less than 20 minutes from Louisiana and went elementary through junior high in Webster Parish. Hi!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Hi and:welcome2:from Arkansas

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
welcome shp1055 to Frugal Village.

You spelled that the way I say it.:tay: Glad to have you with us.

Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
well, a bit late to the Louisiana Party, used to say it as a kid...lu-wus-si-wa-na...
anyway, lived near n'awlins for almost 30 years give or take. now live up in alexandria for just over 3....give a holler if ya want...nice to meet all y'all!
:lurking:

mom of 1 22 y/o autistic girl, my pride and joy, 1 6-1/2 y/o lab mix dog, 1 pair of 3y/o parakeets who have 4 babies, about 2 months old and another set of parakeets i call teenagers...older than babies yet younger than the adults ::loop::

·
Registered
3 Posts
I lived in Alexandria until 1980--now live in Texas. Went to school there. Still have a brother, 2 nieces, and a nephew there. DH has sisters and nieces around Gardner. We don't get over there alot anymore. DH not well, and doesn't travel alot. We live about 31/2 hrs from there.
Lynda

1 - 20 of 20 Posts