Discussion Starter #1
Love Fluff **

1 can cherry pie filling
1 can sweeten condensed milk
1 8 oz. can of pineapple drained
1 cup coconut
1 sm. can mandarine orges drained
1 lg. container CoolWhip thawed

Mix all together in a large bowl and put in refrigerator over night.
Keeps very well

Great for Valentines Day!!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
MMMmmmm...that sounds absolutely LUSCIOUS!!:D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That sounds yummy , Thanks !

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Thank you...it sounds good!:D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
:heartsm:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I just may need to make this for second Sunday potluck, which just happens to be the day before Valentines Day...Thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm adding the ingredients for this recipe to my shopping list to try this weekend.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
seriously, do you eat this like a pudding? or is for in a pie crust?
Like a pudding. I think Sara posted a recipe for orange fluff that's very similar.

·
Banned
952 Posts
lol ok Thanks. It sounds like something that would go in a refrigerated pie for in the warmer months. I have everything in the pantry to make this. I'll give it a go.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
My review...

I made this yesterday, and it is very rich. I wonder if you could put it in a graham cracker crust and bake it. It reminds me of cheesecake in a way.

I would add more coconut or leave it out completely. This recipe makes a lot, and the small amount of coconut makes it seem like it's in there by mistake.

I used pineappple chunks vs. crushed because I thought the texture would be better alongside the coconut. I also added about 1/2 the pineapple juice (vs draining it completely as the recipe suggests).

I added double the mandarin oranges too.

Dave liked it...Lauren too. Kathryn hasn't tried any yet, and I would personally give it 5 stars out of ten.

It was pretty pricey to make, so if I make it again, I will either cut the recipe in half, or I'll make it to bring to a cookout or party. It makes a LOT. I'd say it serves 10-12 people as written.

Cost for me to make the recipe as stated was $9.xx, and that was before I added the extra mandarin oranges and pineapple.

Not your most frugal recipe, but then again, I didn't buy any of the ingredients on sale either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This recipe sounds real close to one that I make alot called ambrosis. I can eat it everyday, if it weren't so fattening.

2 cans pineapple chunks, drained
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 jars maraschino, drained
1 can coconut flakes
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
4 oz. sour cream
16 oz. Cool Whip

Mix it all together and refrigerator for a few hours. YUMMY!
Sometimes, I add some walnuts too. Really good.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
It tastes better the next day too :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts