Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had planned to make pulled pork. Thought I had everything I needed. Then discovered I didn't have any bottled barbecue sauce. SO I Googled barbecue sauces, found one I had all the ingredients for, and we had pulled pork for dinner yesterday.

I don't use barbecue sauce very often; so I hadn't bothered keeping track of the bottles I had purchased (on sale). Now I know I can make my own.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Isn't it great when the stockpile turns out to be even better than you thought? And "Go, Google!" I love when I learn I can do something easy I always thought was hard.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Yes,I love mind too. I like that everyone can go in there and get things and feel secure. I like that when an unexpected expense
comes along it doesn't affect how well we eat. And its perdy too.lol

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
That's one of the reasons I love my big pantry and spice cabinet. I can mix up nearly anything from ingredients. Although around here BBQ sauce is too important to not have on hand. :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yea, here in KC it would be a sin not to have some on hand. :)

WTG savvy.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Great job! I've taken to making our salad dressings. I love google for recipes.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Way to go! I bet it tasted better than bottled too (and was healthier)!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Step-daughter was here unexpectedly one evening and mentioned she would LOVE to have some chocolate chip cookies. I went to the pantry, pulled out all the ingredients, and told her to get to work. She was SHOCKED that I had everything on hand! It had all been purchased on sale, with coupons, etc.; so the price was right also.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was sort of like that with Mayo a few years ago, now I always make my own from scratch. It tastes just like the brand I like and it costs about 25% of the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts