Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little boy who wears a size 6, I have a really hard time finding him clothes. It's one of those in between sizes that stores never seem to have very much stock in - always lots of toddler & teenager clothes, almost nothing for the little boys. It's usually impossible to find clothes for him at the thrift shop, because boys this age wear most of their clothes out.

But my last three trips have been awesome, and I need to tell everyone :). His coat was too small, he lost his only sweater, and he hates pants with zippers (ie. Jeans). I've been looking in regular stores since September for track pants and have only found one pair.

Yesterday I was at the thrift store and there were 4 pairs of elastic waisted pants - all in his size, all different, and all in good condition. Total cost just over $7 (roughly half what I paid for one pair at Walmart).

The trip before, I found 2 sweaters in his size, in good condition, and he loved them both. Spent about $3.

And the most absolutely amazing trip before that, I was flipping through the coats and found a size 6 winter coat in perfect condition, from LL Bean. I almost fainted :lol: $3.20!

I am so happy to be back home, in the land of the awesome thrift store :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Awesome finds. Size 6 is hard to find and you had very specific requirements. Congratulations

·
19,119 Posts
Love your posts and your great finds!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Fantastic finds! Congratulations, a 6 for boys in good condition is hard to find.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Awesome finds. I remember size 6 was impossible to find since boys will be boys and their clothes don't last like they do. :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.