Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dh and I were driving home from in-laws yesterday and there was a little black kitten wandering around near the highway, I almost started crying because I knew it would get run over, this is a 4 lane road. Dh, bless his heart, turned the truck around and headed back to where the kitten ran into the weeds, on the way back we saw it go to the edge of the road again and a van almost ran over it, I was just in a panic. Dh pulled up right beside it and put on the blinkers while I jumped out and caught it. Poor little thing just nearly broke my heart, he's filthy dirty, almost starved, has fleas, ticks and ear mites. He has definitely found a new home! He's eating til his little belly can't hold any more, trying to wash himself and using his little litter box, and he is soooo sweet, he just purrs up a storm and kneads his little paws on my arm. I just went to the pet store for flea/mite/ tick wash and am going to clean him up this evening, I wanted to let him get a little stronger before putting him through any stress, he was so hungry and tired. I keep telling myself that his mother just lost him because to think that someone dropped that adorable little thing and left him to starve just breaks my heart.

So we now have a kitty named Lucky, that makes 4 cats for us now, but dh hasn't complained and has been soooo sweet about the little kitten and even asks if he's eating and getting stronger. I LOVE MY DH !!!!!

(oh, and I am keeping him isolated from the other kitties until I get him debugged and have him tested for leukemia and he gets his rabies/distemper shots)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
God Bless you for rescueing Lucky. :hugz: I know that he now has a very good and loving home to call his own.

·
27,948 Posts
Lucky, a perfect name! Your Dh is a sweetie!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I wish more people were like you and your dh. What a sweet couple you are!:paw: :angel: :angel2:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Lucky, lucky, little kitty!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
oh that is so sweet that you were able to give Lucky the kitten a good home.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Dana, you had me nervous for a minute there until I saw you were keeping him isolated! Whew!! :D

Lucky, is indeed a lucky little guy to have you for a Mama. I have been where you are (how do you think I got 10 cats in my house! :eek: ). It is very rewarding as they only give unconditional love. Post a pic when you can, we would love to see this "Lucky" little fellow. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts