Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your up around 9-11 central time anyway it is gonna be a total eclips (sp?) I'm up working then I will have to take my break outside and take a look.:)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
It's too cloudy here to see it :(

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Too cloudy here, too.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
we tried to see it but was too cloudy here too!! :(

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
They had a ball. It was clear as a bell out last night and they watched almost all of it. I'm sure dd will talk non-stop when she gets up this morning. Even dh was impressed, said he had never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
dd & I stayed up and watched it ! It was very pretty, not as orange as the last one .......:D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We were able to see it too. It was really neat watching it.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
We saw it... neat, but not as spectacular as I expected. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
:( It was too cloudy for us too! Oh well, it was still quite the adventure for my children. They were thrilled to stay up so late, and loved being outside in the quiet of the night!

We still went ahead with our Eclipse party, as we all really enjoyed this particular HS unit of study! We had such a nice chat, sitting outside in our sleeping bags, hoping against hope, that the clouds would move and we could see the eclipse.

I heard that those living out in Western Canada, had a spectacular view!

For those that missed it this time around, there will be another one on November 8th, of this year!

My children are already geared up and excited about this.

Hmmmm....not quite as exciting for mommy....at the thought of sitting outside waiting for the eclipse....IN THE SNOW!!!!LOL

Don't forget.....November 8th......if you missed this one!!!:D :D

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It was cloudy here, but you could still see it ok....would love to have a better view.

·
Registered
215 Posts
:D Cj, I thought of you and yours last night, while we were sitting outside trying to find the moon hidden behind the clouds.

It is no wonder that your dd was so excited, and that your dh was impressed. The news said that those out West, had a beautiful view this time around.

I will be sure to remind everyone of the next eclipse. LOL

My children are already making plans for it!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Ymay, its very unusual that we get 2 eclipses in one year, they usually happen every 3 years.

They have already said that the one on Nov. 8th is not suppose to be as spectacular as the one the other night. It should still be neat to watch in the cold of winter!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
:D CJ, I will have to keep the fact that this 2nd eclipse, will not be as spectacular as the first, from my children. LOL

They went to bed a little bid discouraged that they missed this eclipse due to the clouds, and woke up to be thrilled with the news that they get the chance to see a 2nd eclipse in November.

I do think it will be interesting to watch for this eclipse, on a beautiful winter night. My children are already planning for it, and have marked it in their journals, and are counting down the days! LOL

I am glad that your dd enjoyed seeing the eclipse, and that it was as spectacular for her, as the news said it would be for our Western neighbours!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts