Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Can you describe it? I can't find any reference to what it was like, except a recall notice from 2004 saying it had egg yolk in it (Probably mayonnaise).

·
Registered
9,549 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
HERB MAYONNAISE
2 eggs
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp. each, basil and dill
2 tbsp. parsley
1/8 tsp. each, cayenne pepper, pepper and salt
1 c. vegetable oil

Blend first 9 ingredients in food processor. Gradually add oil with machine running. Place in covered container and refrigerate. May be prepared 3 days ahead.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1630,144180-247199,00.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you describe it? I can't find any reference to what it was like, except a recall notice from 2004 saying it had egg yolk in it (Probably mayonnaise).
From what I remember, it was kind of sweet with maybe a little mustard. It went great with crackers, meat and cheese.
The color was a bit yellow.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Some kind of honey mustard maybe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else remember those?

I was so sad when they discontinued that herb sauce. Anyone ever happen to run across an old ingredients list or clone recipe for it? It certainly wasn't a mustard. I've searched for years for something like it, trying countless sauces, mixes, herb sauces, mnustard mixes, etc trying to find something like it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It wasn't exact, but it did come very close...

1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1 (1 oz) pkg Hidden Valley Original Ranch dry mix
1 heaping tbsp dried dill weed
about 1 tbsp Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp celery salt

Don't know how much Grey Poupon I used... just put it in until it tasted about right. Next time, instead of using Grey Poupon and honey, I'm going to try honey mustard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pasta with Butter and Herb Sauce

Does anyone remember or know how to make the herb sauce they used to put in lunchables?
Pasta with Butter and Herb Sauce

Ingredients:

pasta to make 2 servings, any kind
4 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon dry rosemary
1 tablespoon dry oregano
1 tablespoon dry basil
1 tablespoon dry dill weed
3-4 cloves garlic, minced

methods:

1) While pasta is cooking, In a small saucepan over low heat add margarine,minced garlic and herbs. Heat until the margarine is thoroughly melted and slightly bubbly.

2) Add the remaining ingredients

3) Stir every 2-3 minutes until your pasta is cooked.

4) Drain pasta and put in a serving dish.Pour on butter sauce, and mix until pasta is evenly covered.

5) Serve while still hot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Herb Sauce

Does anyone remember or know how to make the herb sauce they used to put in lunchables?
I was in Germany recently and having breakfast with my in-laws. There was a sauce on the table for lox and when I tasted it I went right back to a field trip in 5th grade at a museum eating Lunchables and squeezing that sauce packet between my thumb and fingers on my turkey, cheddar and cracker stack. This sauce was it!! I was shocked and elated. I explained to a room full of Germans and they seemed confused by my excitement. My wife's uncle was happy to send me home with the jar. So, the link is below for the item at Amazon. Enjoy

https://www.amazon.de/KOCHs-Dill-Senf-Sauce-Graved-Lachs/dp/B01842HN3W

1 - 12 of 12 Posts