Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...it's time for me to get off my tush and take some action! SO....here goes! :D

Some of ya may have read in another post, that my Dh is planning to accept a position in the lower 48 after he graduates in 16 months.

My goal is to lose all the weight I've gained since getting married. I have clothes of various sizes to accommodate the weight I've gained and I certainly don't want to ship them all! That would cost a bundle!

Also, I am completely paranoid about being overweight and wearing shorts/tank tops. Completely!! :hmmm:

So, today I started an exercise program...at home...exercise videos. I also have a couple hand weights and plan to go for walks (until it's too cold/icy). I want to do conditioning, too (push ups, crunches, etc.).

Here's my "complication"... I'm hypoglycemic. Meal planning is tough...snacks (or small meals) are a must. So, weight loss will need to be based almost solely on exercise.

I hope to keep myself accountable this way. Initially, my goal is no more than to develop a routine I STICK TO. Next phase is to build muscle and increase flexibility. Hopefully, weight loss will come soon after! I need to lose 35 lbs...I have 16 months...that'd be ever-so-slightly more than 2 lbs/month. That should be totally do-able!!

Please keep me accountable! :D I hope to check in every day or every other day... :)

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, finished off yesterday with a bit of conditioning and a little stretching. Kept a good watch on my food intake...

Started off today with 45 min of an aerobics video. Going to have oatmeal for breakfast. Planning on stretching and conditioning more this evening.

So far, my only complication...my right foot/ankle are really sore and making popping noises. Erf. I'm hoping it's just my body "adjusting" to exercising again!! :nerv2:

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still workin' at it... My right foot/ankle seem fine now...musta been workin' out the "kinks". :)

Exercised TWICE yesterday!! Woot! :D And stretched and did some conditioning.

I went for a short walk today...no aerobics.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sounds like you have a completely do-able plan.

Please don't think that needing snacks throughout the day means you can't use your eating to control your weight. Girls who do fitness model competitions eat around 6 times a day! In fact, eating more often will keep your metabolism pumped. Just make sure it isn't junk that you are putting into your body. I can find some articles to reference you to about eating this way for fitness if you are interested.

Good luck!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Oatmeal is my favorite breakfast and it keeps me really full! What kind do you eat? I get plain old fashioned oats heat them up in the microwave, add a little splenda and some sugar free maple syurp. Yummy!
I hope you are still doing well on your plan. =)

·
Registered
270 Posts
How are things going??? We would love to hear from you!!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Kace--I know SO well what you mean about the hypoglycemia making weight loss tougher. I can be fine one minute, and ravenous the next.

Also, as a hypoglycemic, you may find (if you plan to have children) that you could be a gestational diabetic (I was). The two often go hand in hand. So, the doc may need to know about it to watch your blood sugar.

Good luck on the weight loss track!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts