1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 finely chopped onion​
Serves:
6​
Directions:
Combine all ingredients, except 1 cup of cheese, GREASED slow cooker. Sprinkle reserved cup of cheese over top.
COVER. Cook on low 3-4 hours. DO NOT REMOVE LID OR STIR until the mixture has finished cooking.​

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yum, this sounds really good :lip:

Good thing you mentioned not to open and stir because I know I would have :lol:

·
19,119 Posts
Your recipe sounds soooo good. I know I will try this one soon!! Mahalo!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've been looking for a "tried & true" crock pot mac and cheese recipe. I have everything but the evaporated milk..... :(

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I've been looking for a "tried & true" crock pot mac and cheese recipe. I have everything but the evaporated milk..... :(
Do you have dry powdered milk? I suspect if you mix it up thicker than regular milk, it would be an appropriate substitute for evap milk.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Went internet hunting and found this:

No need to pay a premium for those little cans of evaporated milk. You can make your own in two minutes or less.

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:
2/3 cup non-fat dry milk
3/4 cup water

Preparation:
Mix the water and dry milk powder together. Then, use in place of the evaporated milk in any recipe.

Yield: 1 cup (8 ounces)

·
Registered
25 Posts
yummy! I make mine with a can of chedder cheese soup, half n half, and chedder cheese, so easy!

On days when I have NO desire to cook I toss in Veggies (sometimes chedderwurst, or keilbasa too) and you have a meal in a pot :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I am craving homemade mac & cheese now. I am going to add this to the meal plan for later this week. :yes:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
OOH! Now that's different. I rarely use my crock pot, but I might have to pull it out for this one. Sounds like something my family will like!

Thanks for posting!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
O My Gosh just made this it is sooo good. Next time I may have to make a double batch though sons loved it. Thank You.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks for bumping this :) I'm going to add it to my next meal plan.
For those of you that have done this is the Crockpot on High or Low? I'm guessing High.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts